Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking to buy a Skoda Fabia RS Wagon, what to look out for?

Users Country Flag

looking to buy a Skoda Fabia RS Wagon, what to look out for?

as per the title I am looking at the Skoda Fabia RS Wagon, new or near new/demo,

What price should I be looking at?
    Which mfg dates should I avoid for the DSG/twincharger issues.

any other tips or hints would be appreciated,

I ordered mine Oct last year with a sunroof - hot it on lease in April. Valued at about $26k

No issues so far, but I have 22,000 in 7 months...

Difinity

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    thanks Difinity,

are there any issues with the drivetrain? DSG/twincharger motor?

are the more recent built cars immune to these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod M View Post
    thanks Difinity,

are there any issues with the drivetrain? DSG/twincharger motor?

are the more recent built cars immune to these issues?
    I have the same questions, they are a ripper drive and convenient size, but would only buy with updated motor gearbox combo with problems ironed out.
    Last edited by stormshark; 13-11-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Current:12 Golf GTD, Mods on order -Bluefin Remap, Mods planned-plenty
    Former:08 GT Sport TDI DSG Bluefin, HPA SHS Coilovers,H&R Swaybars with Whiteline Adj Links

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by stormshark View Post
    I have the same questions, they are a ripper drive and convenient size, but would only buy with updated motor gearbox combo with problems ironed out.
    Good news guys. They are a great car to own and drive. On the open road during a family holiday I was averaging 6.0 litres/per 100km with a range of 720km per tank. It has a enough space in the back to beat most larger hatch backs and enough power to put a smile on your face.

Other then a little oil consumption I have had no problems at all after 9 months and generally love driving the car. New I would not pay more then $25k, second hand I don't think you will find one to be honest.
    Last edited by mmmRacer; 11-07-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    2012 Fabia II VRS Estate - APR stage 2 tune, Custom 2.5" turbo back full stainless exhaust with ceramic coated dump pipe, Harding Performance Cold air intake, Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler, GFB DV+ diverter valve, Braille B2317RP battery, Eibach pro kit springs, Bilstein B8 shocks, Harding Performance F+R ARB, Super Pro bushes, Porsche 986 Boxster S front brake calipers, 330x28mm front rotors, Ferodo DS2500 front pads and Remsa rear pads, Enkei RPF1 17x8 et.35 with 235/40R17 Yokohama AD08R tyres, Maxton front splitter and Superskoda fender flares.

thanks for the reply mmmRacer

the one I am looking at is a July2012 build wagon. they are wanting nearly 29k for it, (it has only 50km)

I am unsure if they will go 25k for it,

when is the fabia due to be replaced?

Users Country Flag
    My wagon is May 2012 build. I paid $25k for it as a demo model with 5000km on the clock when the drive away price was still $34K in March this year. The marked price was $28k on sale and after a test drive I offered them $25k and they said yes.

For the hatch I have heard of people paying as little as $23k drive away.

In relation to the next model Fabia. It is not expected until 2015. Most likely this may be the last twincharger Fabia.
    Last edited by mmmRacer; 11-07-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    2012 Fabia II VRS Estate - APR stage 2 tune, Custom 2.5" turbo back full stainless exhaust with ceramic coated dump pipe, Harding Performance Cold air intake, Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler, GFB DV+ diverter valve, Braille B2317RP battery, Eibach pro kit springs, Bilstein B8 shocks, Harding Performance F+R ARB, Super Pro bushes, Porsche 986 Boxster S front brake calipers, 330x28mm front rotors, Ferodo DS2500 front pads and Remsa rear pads, Enkei RPF1 17x8 et.35 with 235/40R17 Yokohama AD08R tyres, Maxton front splitter and Superskoda fender flares.

One of Skoda dealers in Perth had 2012 RS wagon with 1500km for 22990+ORC, couldn't sell it for at least 2 months... So I recon 25K driveaway is absolute max you should offer your dealer...

Quote Originally Posted by mmmRacer View Post
    Good news guys. They are a great car to own and drive. On the open road during a family holiday I was averaging 6.0 litres/per 100km with a range of 720km per tank. It has a enough space in the back to beat most larger hatch backs and enough power to put a smile on your face.

Bad news. The CAVE and current engines both use oil. I have a CAVE engine and have had up to 800ml oil consumption per 1000km up to 10,000km where I had the breather mod done. Still since then it has been more like 300ml of oil per 1000km. The 2011 model Fabia's are subject to the DSG recall, The 2012 Fabia's are ok. I do not believe there are any 2011 VRS wagons in Oz (I could be wrong). On the open road or the race track the Fabia doesn't use any oil. However stop start city driving is a different story.

Other then oil consumption I have had no problems at all after 9 months and generally love driving the car. New I would not pay more then $25k, second hand I don't think you will find one to be honest.

Yes thanks for the reply and real life info. Very tempting to buy one, but would try for the 2 yr extended warranty if so.
    Current:12 Golf GTD, Mods on order -Bluefin Remap, Mods planned-plenty
    Former:08 GT Sport TDI DSG Bluefin, HPA SHS Coilovers,H&R Swaybars with Whiteline Adj Links

thanks for the replies guys, I would be happy to go 25k,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast