Support VWWC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: looking to buy a Skoda Fabia RS Wagon, what to look out for?

Users Country Flag

Reviving a thread from the dead... have any more issues arisen for the wagon other than the oil consumption and usual dsg gearbox challenges?

Going back to my (much) earlier post - though now almost 60k k's. No significant issues - had to top the oil once, but much less usage than some I know.
    Helps if you get good long distance miles on it after each oil change I think...

Difinity

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Difinity.. I went and looked, had a drive and fell in love. Offer got accepted today so I will be soon collecting my "new" car.

It is a CAVE spec which has me a little worried, but the owners tell me it has performed faultlessly and it still has warranty going, so I hope I got one of the good ones

Leaking rockercovers according to briskoda. Ours seems to have oily dust gathering. just need to figure out how to get plastic engine covers off without braking them to get a better look.

Misfiring/shaking at startup which is fuel map adjusting according to Skoda and told to run 98 which it does

Got a quote other day for extended warranty, 2yrs and 50k and negotiable $2k according to salesman.
    Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by muli; 03-09-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks muli

I have had the shudder at idle which I was thinking was just my imagination... I will add that to my list of things that I probably need to talk to Skoda about.

I get an occasional warning about a globe being out, despite all of them working. This seems to be something people have mentioned on briskoda too.

And my oil level isn't registering on the dipstick so I suspect there is some work to be done there too.

My old Fabia RS had a globe warning, turned out to be one of the rear number plate lights that had to be replaced.
    As for no oil on the dipstick, get some in ASAP - in fact i highly recommend having a spare litre bottle in the boot.
    I wouldn't thrash it without the oil level being full.
    My 2 cents, enjoy the car, loved it while I had it, especially with the additional power from my Promotech unit.
    2007 Polo GTi std
    1991 Nissan Pulsar GTi-R
    2007 Fiesta ST150 mountune kit

Users Country Flag
    Dude if you have not no oil on your dip then head off to Supercheap Auto or Repco or where ever and get some Penrite ENVIRO+ 5W-30 (Full Synthetic). I am guessing the factory warranty has expired now?

I brought my Fabia RS as a ex-demo with 5000km and 4 days after pick up the oil light came on and the oil was only just showing up on the drip stick. However after a few oil consumption tests I got the oil breather valve mod done at 15,000km (1st service in Oz) afterwards the car stopped using oil. Now at 35,000km the car has been fine for the last 20,000km.

Although every car is different.
    2012 Fabia II VRS Estate - APR stage 2 tune, Custom 2.5" turbo back full stainless exhaust with ceramic coated dump pipe, Harding Performance Cold air intake, Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler, GFB DV+ diverter valve, Braille B2317RP battery, Eibach pro kit springs, Bilstein B8 shocks, Harding Performance F+R ARB, Super Pro bushes, Porsche 986 Boxster S front brake calipers, 330x28mm front rotors, Ferodo DS2500 front pads and Remsa rear pads, Enkei RPF1 17x8 et.35 with 235/40R17 Yokohama AD08R tyres, Maxton front splitter and Superskoda fender flares.

Best waiting for specials at repco when its 40-50% off the castrol/shell oils and buying few 5l drums as was the case 3-4 weeks ago $40 something instead of 80.
    Hit dealer up for topup if under warranty or serviced at Skoda service centre.
    Last edited by muli; 05-09-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Never fear, I have been playing with cars for over 25 years... she isn't getting driven around with no oil!!

It was a more global statement suggesting that with a CAVE engine on board that has never been to a dealer for oil use issues, its probably time that I kicked that off. It is a 2012 build that was sold in May 2013, so it still has around 9 months warranty to go.

Users Country Flag

I have a sept 2012 build CTHE engined rs wagon that was using upwards of 700ml per 1000 kms. Had the oil jets and software updates done under warranty. That was near 4000 kms ago and I still haven't needed to put any oil in it. Car has 32000kms on it. Win!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast