Support VWWC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: looking to buy a Skoda Fabia RS Wagon, what to look out for?

CTHE is the engine code to get

Mine is a jan 13 build. Not had any issues. @ 22,400 k since April, lots of country, Canberra and open road. Mix of gentle and quick driving.
    Still get about 6 litres / 100. No known excessive oil usage.
    Great little car.

Difinity

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    CTHE is the engine code to get
    this will be on the engine number?

Users Country Flag
    2012 build cars will most likely have the CAVE engine and 2013 build cars will most likely have the CTHE engine.

If its a 2012 plate model you should be able to talk them down to $25k easy. Hard part will be finding the colour you want.
    2012 Fabia II VRS Estate - APR stage 2 tune, Custom 2.5" turbo back full stainless exhaust with ceramic coated dump pipe, Harding Performance Cold air intake, Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler, GFB DV+ diverter valve, Braille B2317RP battery, Eibach pro kit springs, Bilstein B8 shocks, Harding Performance F+R ARB, Super Pro bushes, Porsche 986 Boxster S front brake calipers, 330x28mm front rotors, Ferodo DS2500 front pads and Remsa rear pads, Enkei RPF1 17x8 et.35 with 235/40R17 Yokohama AD08R tyres, Maxton front splitter and Superskoda fender flares.

Quote Originally Posted by Difinity View Post
    Mine is a jan 13 build. Not had any issues. @ 22,400 k since April, lots of country, Canberra and open road. Mix of gentle and quick driving.
    Still get about 6 litres / 100. No known excessive oil usage.
    Great little car.

Difinity
    Thanks, happy to hear, mix is same as my sort of drive- 33k per year. Might get a bit more serious about a purchase.
    Current:12 Golf GTD, Mods on order -Bluefin Remap, Mods planned-plenty
    Former:08 GT Sport TDI DSG Bluefin, HPA SHS Coilovers,H&R Swaybars with Whiteline Adj Links

All sorted. Got the trade in and price I wanted.

Vag recall all 7 speed deg box's. Should I go ahead With it?

Users Country Flag
    Your new car may not be affected. My car has not be included in either of the DQ200 calls.

To put your mind at ease take a photo of the VIN number which is at the bottom of the passenger side front windscreen with your phone. Then you can check the NEW ZEALAND Skoda website for relevant recall campaigns.

Recall Campaign Finder - Å*KODA
    2012 Fabia II VRS Estate - APR stage 2 tune, Custom 2.5" turbo back full stainless exhaust with ceramic coated dump pipe, Harding Performance Cold air intake, Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler, GFB DV+ diverter valve, Braille B2317RP battery, Eibach pro kit springs, Bilstein B8 shocks, Harding Performance F+R ARB, Super Pro bushes, Porsche 986 Boxster S front brake calipers, 330x28mm front rotors, Ferodo DS2500 front pads and Remsa rear pads, Enkei RPF1 17x8 et.35 with 235/40R17 Yokohama AD08R tyres, Maxton front splitter and Superskoda fender flares.

just realized another stupid question,

is the Fabia RS P Plate friendly? (NSW)

(my wife is still on her P plates)

Users Country Flag

P1 and P2 vehicle and passenger conditions < Car < Getting a licence < Licensing < Roads and Maritime Services

Your wife would need to apply for a exemption to drive the car. Because the RMS ban turbo cars automatically, it means that they would be making a lot of money out of familys who own modern fuel efficient cars since most of them are fitted with turbos now.
    Last edited by mmmRacer; 17-11-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast