Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fabia MOnte Carlo

Fabia MOnte Carlo

2017 Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo hits Australia, rear-view camera now standard across full range

Interesting option now available

The Monte Carlo variant can also be had with optional Tech Pack, which adds new features like adaptive cruise control, keyless entry and start, rear parking sensors, climate control, rain-sensing wipers, DAB+ digital radio and fatigue monitor.

With these added safety features, the tiny Skoda becomes one of the few competitors in the light car segment to offer autonomous emergency braking (AEB) and adaptive cruise control.

Customers can add these features to the regular Fabia as part of the Premium Sports Pack.

Fabia MOnte Carlo-2017_skoda_fabia_monte-carlo_01-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Be nice with (an option for) another 50kw...
    Now gone.... 2012 Skoda Fabia RS

Users Country Flag
    I do like the styling... just such a shame they've increased the price compared to the value for money you could get an 81tsi + premium sports pack + glass roof for previously.
    Previous Rides: Polo GTI, Mx5 10AE, MY05 WRX WRP10, Renault Sport Clio 172
    Current Ride: Evo 8 MR, Fabia MK3

Users Country Flag
    Whats really interesting to note that is the MY17's have AEB (City Emergency Brake & Front Assist) standard across the entire range - which means you have a base model hatch with steel wheels and hub caps but a front adaptive cruise radar!... Just no adaptive cruise!
    I saw one and got very excited for a moment.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

The Fabia has had AEB standard since its introduction mid last year. It's not a new thing.

Am tempted to buy one of these as my second car I have narrowed down between one of these and a VW Polo

Users Country Flag
    Had a Black MC Hatch as a loaner while our new Fabia was in the workshop (got an error on the dash about the gearbox! turned out to be a safety warning, not an actual problem....but they didn't know that for a few days).

Seats are a nice upgrade from the stock Fabia. Glass roof is nice as well. Not something I would pay for personally, but it was nice to give a feeling of space in a little hatch. Aside from that it obviously drives the same as a regular Sports Pack Fabia. The extra bodykit bits are niceties too. But I don't feel the value is there compared to the previous MC.
    Nathan

Mine - 2013 MY13 VW Jetta 147TSI | Now with 3Bar ECU and DSG Tunes
    Hers - 2016 MY17 Skoda Fabia Wagon Premium Sports

Users Country Flag
    If you can stretch another ~$8k buy a Polo GTI. Motor Magazine's Bang for Your Buck Car of the year .....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    If you can stretch another ~$8k buy a Polo GTI. Motor Magazine's Bang for Your Buck Car of the year .....
    If you can stretch another ~8k buy an Octavia Style with nav, leather, LED's & Xenons everywhere; etc etc etc
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    If you can stretch another ~8k buy an Octavia Style with nav, leather, LED's & Xenons everywhere; etc etc etc
    To be fair, anyone looking at a car the size of a Fabia or Polo isn't that keen on an Octavia?
    Besides, the GTI would run rings around it

What's the Driveaway price on the GTI compared to the MC? Is it really an 8k diff?
    Nathan

Mine - 2013 MY13 VW Jetta 147TSI | Now with 3Bar ECU and DSG Tunes
    Hers - 2016 MY17 Skoda Fabia Wagon Premium Sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast