Thread: Buying a Fabia Wagon - Buy now or wait for 1.0l 3pot motor ?

Blog Entries

Buying a Fabia Wagon - Buy now or wait for 1.0l 3pot motor ?

Hi Skoda drivers, I'm a VW owner now moving to Skoda for obvious reasons (warranty & styling) and need a Fabia Wagon for my daughter and a dealer has one on the lot. I can make a grab for it but with the 1.0 litre motor coming I guess within 3 months offering more torque & power, is it a no brainer to get that engine or stick with a tried performer the 1.2L but I've heard rumours of the 1.2L having issues. The longer term issue is with a 1.0L engine offering more performance and economy, the resale value of the current model will take a hit, but I'd sell it during the 4th year before warranty expired.
    EOFY sales if the price was right and using the new model is coming push may get me into the 1.2L with premium sports pack too. Any comments or what did you pay appreciated.
    TIGUAN MY09 103 TDI auto, White,18in Alloys,MDI ,Bk Leather, Comfort Pack, Park Assist, Fog Lights, Sun-roof & Tow Bar / VW roof racks running Goodyear Assymetric 2 Tyres
    GOLF 7 MY14.5 Pure White,TDI Bi-Xenon, S/roof,Adaptive CC, DAP, Leather, Pirelli Tyres

Users Country Flag
    I'd be interested to drive the 3pot, but I doubt it's going to be a game changer. The 1.2 drives fine for me (81 TSI), it's torquey enough to not have to change down several gears to go up hills etc. I thought the power was the same bt a smidge more torque? Better fuel consumption, but I'm pretty happy with ours. Got the Wagon with Premium Sports Pack, with some discount becuase we signed for Sports Pack, but they couldn't supply, so gave us a Premium for only $900 more.
    Nathan

Mine - 2013 MY13 VW Jetta 147TSI | Now with 3Bar ECU and DSG Tunes
    Hers - 2016 MY17 Skoda Fabia Wagon Premium Sports

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your comments Dubber. We ended up signing for the Wagon with Prem Sports Pack and car was on the lot, not much MY17 stock around, so had to do my best haggling with dealer but didn't let on we wanted it bad, saved a reasonable amount compared to an fleet industry price. My only concern with the 3 cyclinder engine was the slightly higher revs required but I guess the 10kg weight saving is the key bonus and the 200Nm torque. This is for a family member, personally I'm hanging out for the Kodiaq Diesel in top specs. With stamp duty going up in Vic, the wait and cost to get an MY18 wasn't really possible. After 4 years we'll move it on to something better, but looking forward to the extra space.
    TIGUAN MY09 103 TDI auto, White,18in Alloys,MDI ,Bk Leather, Comfort Pack, Park Assist, Fog Lights, Sun-roof & Tow Bar / VW roof racks running Goodyear Assymetric 2 Tyres
    GOLF 7 MY14.5 Pure White,TDI Bi-Xenon, S/roof,Adaptive CC, DAP, Leather, Pirelli Tyres

Users Country Flag
    Can confirm the 3-pot Fabia is a hoot!
    The 4-pot is a lot of fun and sounds great, but the 3-pot is simply next level. I'm in love and if I needed a new car I'd have already put a deposit on one. I don't miss the 4-pot.
    Next time, hey?
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Quote Originally Posted by Bayman View Post
    Thanks for your comments Dubber. We ended up signing for the Wagon with Prem Sports Pack and car was on the lot, not much MY17 stock around, so had to do my best haggling with dealer but didn't let on we wanted it bad, saved a reasonable amount compared to an fleet industry price. My only concern with the 3 cyclinder engine was the slightly higher revs required but I guess the 10kg weight saving is the key bonus and the 200Nm torque. This is for a family member, personally I'm hanging out for the Kodiaq Diesel in top specs. With stamp duty going up in Vic, the wait and cost to get an MY18 wasn't really possible. After 4 years we'll move it on to something better, but looking forward to the extra space.
    Did I miss something, have they put up stamp duty in Vic for next year? For what purpose?