Thread: Baby seat in fabia

Baby seat in fabia

Need to buy a baby seat for the Fabia(estate) and wondering what models people have managed to fit in rear facing.

Kinda depends which state you're in doesn't it?

Difinity

Dont think qld requires it to be installed by a "PRO"
    Looking at isofix variants
    Last edited by muli; 27-09-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Difinity View Post
    Kinda depends which state you're in doesn't it?

Difinity
    It shouldn't matter what state you're in, as the car seat laws are now all aligned to be pretty much identical.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by muli View Post
    Dont think qld requires it to be installed by a "PRO"
    Looking at isofix variants
    Some of the so called "professional installations" aren't that great.
    Always a good idea to learn how to install your car seats properly, just in case you are ever in a situation where you HAVE to install them yourself.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Which baby set you get depends on your budget mostly. Fitting the seat is relatively easy once you have done it a few times. As a suggestion pick a seat that will convert from a backward facing baby position to a forward facing upright position to make it last you longer and be a more worthwhile purchase. Been using my Fabia estate with 2 kids seats for over 2 years and it has been a great family car. As a small recommendation if this is your first time fitting a kids seat to your car go to Supercheapauto and get a seat protector for the kids seats. It will save your upholstery from getting damaged.
    2012 Fabia II VRS Estate - APR stage 2 tune, Custom 2.5" turbo back full stainless exhaust with ceramic coated dump pipe, Harding Performance Cold air intake, Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler, GFB DV+ diverter valve, Braille B2317RP battery, Eibach pro kit springs, Bilstein B8 shocks, Harding Performance F+R ARB, Super Pro bushes, Porsche 986 Boxster S front brake calipers, 330x28mm front rotors, Ferodo DS2500 front pads and Remsa rear pads, Enkei RPF1 17x8 et.35 with 235/40R17 Yokohama AD08R tyres, Maxton front splitter and Superskoda fender flares.

Isofix can be easier, especially if you need to remove them regularly
    We got an installer to for it the first time and show us how, was worth the $. I can do mine in about 2 min each now...
    Capsules are great to start with, from car to cafe to house, and easy to clean when they crap or vomit in it. When. Not if.
    Al...
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Seat i bought came with seat cover that sits under baby seat. Already had fitted in the back because of dog.

They offered fitment at a cost but its not rocket science.
    Not alot of room in the front passengers footwell atleast for me(6.1").
    None of the isofix seats would fit in the middle.

Really want a recaro one but they dont have the toddler range in oz as base remains as kid grows.

Users Country Flag
    We have bought five seats over the last couple of years and been given one by a family friend. All the ones we have bought have been safe n sound. We have bought a $550 meridian sict or something like that and it is a good bit of kit but it is also a little big. It is really easy to adjust the height of the straps by simply lifting a red tab. It does both reverse and forward. As we have two cars we didn't really want to start swapping out baby seats all the time if one of us took the wrong car so we actually bought two safe n sound maxi AHR's for our two year old. They are pretty good value at just under $200 each. We literally only just bought a safe n sound safeguard for just under $200 as well because our 4 month old outgrew the baby capsule we had. THe safeguard is quite good actuallyand the wife says it has a better safety rating than the merdian sict but that is also because the meridian we have is about 2.5 years old now. I must say though as far as space goes in reverse facing mode, the safeguard is considerably shorter than the baby capsule we have, to the tune of around 10cm shorter so we can now move the passenger seat in the R36 back to normal position now as it was a little forward to accommodate the capsule. So, if you want my recommendation, get a safe n sound safeguard as it does reverse facing as well as forward facing and doesnt seem to take up as much space as some others on the market and this might work better for you if you have a fabia. Believe me, my wife researches the crap out of things like this which should help you out. We now have to sell the capsule even though it is about six months old. Our little tucker has grown quicker than what we expected. Oh yeah, the other thing with all of the seats we have except for the new safeguard is that both our baby and infant seem to sweat alot in the seats as the seats are made with a nice velour style material. The new safeguard has a different material and we think that it is going to breath better than the others which will be good for the baby, not so good for the infant who has to suck it up and live with sitting in the maxi AHR as I am not buying anymore seats!!!! We will be able to sell the seats once we are done with them as we look after things pretty well and there is always someone out there looking for bargain. Ask me any questions if you want mate. Might be better to PM though as I don't really come to the fabia forum for obvious reasons!! Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Ended up with a maxi cosi (hera) IIRC correctly.
    Its isofix and also somehow clips straight into the nuna stroller as well which yet to look into.

The AHR didnt really offer much more room for front passenger, the platinum/meridian took alot more room with their bigger bases.
    Last edited by muli; 21-11-2015 at 07:38 PM.