Support VWWC

Thread: 2016 Fabia - to keep on not

Users Country Flag

2016 Fabia - to keep on not

Hi Fabia Owners,

2016 Fabia now officially out of warranty and service pack, has 48k on the clock. This has the 1.2l displacement whereas the later models are 1000cc.

What are the potential issues I might be in for from this point onwards. Car has been great so far. Still on original brakes and tyres, albeit they will need replacing by next service.
    Potential upgrade options are the 2020 runout wagon or base model Scala. Driving is mostly split between freeway and zipping around town.

Thanks for your input.

Users Country Flag
    The main issue is the clutches on the DSG gearbox. Our 2016 had them replaced under warranty after they started slipping - and my 2017 1.0tsi (yes, we have two Fabia's ) had the same issue under warranty.

Beyond that - the only other common problem has been the silver material on the door handles and gear knob peeling away.

Users Country Flag
    Yep gearbox and clutch issues will be your main concern. My brother has a Yeti with the same 1.2T engine and 7 speed DSG as your Fabia and with only about 50,000km on the car, its has the clutches replaced twice already (thankfully under warranty).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. Dumb question but what does slipping feel like?
    What I have noticed is when taking foot off brake and allowing car to roll it feel like the car is 'stuttering'....
    Speedo is now at 55k
    I'm told by Skoda to diagnose this they need to run diagnostics at a cost of $220 and will then decide whether its indeed an issue and make a decision on whether its a warrantable claim or not - even though car is out of warranty.