Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Škoda SuperB Wagon: make the suspension stiffer?

Users Country Flag

Škoda SuperB Wagon: make the suspension stiffer?

Hi all, I wonder if anyone has ever "tuned" their suspension to be even more stiff then they are now in the "sport" mode. To me the car is still rolling to a side, bit more than I'd like it to. I know the ride will be a bit harsher but that's exactly what I want.
    Any recommendations who has done it / could do it? I've asked the Skoda service but the guy I talked to almost laughed. Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Replacement springs and/or rear swaybar is what you will need.

The stiffer rear swaybar will help reduce the rolling on corners but will have no other effect on the ride.

Springs will also help reduce the rolling on corners (lower centre of gravity plus stiffer than original springs) but will also have an effect on how the car rides.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vajnorcan View Post
    Hi all, I wonder if anyone has ever "tuned" their suspension to be even more stiff then they are now in the "sport" mode. To me the car is still rolling to a side, bit more than I'd like it to. I know the ride will be a bit harsher but that's exactly what I want.
    Any recommendations who has done it / could do it? I've asked the Skoda service but the guy I talked to almost laughed. Cheers
    I've added Eibach sports springs and a H&R rear arb to my Superb Sportline Wagon. Transforms the handling, corners much flatter and no understeer. Height drop was about 25mm. Ride comfort is similar to before, Although I also changed my wheels to 18' and 45 series tyres rather than 40, which I think helped with the brittleness of the OEM tyres. Very happy with the result of all this.

Users Country Flag
    +1
    i too have the Eibach Prokit springs installed. It's dropped mine by 20mm.
    I also have the Hardrace rear sway bar.
    Combined, the swaying & wallowing have dramatically reduced.
    Bouncy bounce is less.

-gandalf-jpg
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 23-07-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for all the responses, will go with just the rear swaybar first and see how it goes. I don't want to lower my car just yet, but the same height springs just bit stiffer would be handy (any ideas?)

Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Guys, can you post the link where you sourced the swaybars from? Looking at the Hardrace website for Skoda SuperB V8, there are only FWD versions. Does the same swaybar applies to AWD that I have? Cheers

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Guys, can you post the link where you sourced the swaybars from? Looking at the Hardrace website for Skoda SuperB V8, there are only FWD versions. Does the same swaybar applies to AWD that I have? Cheers
    AWD = Hardrace 8778
    FWD = Hardrace 7759
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRichards View Post
    I've added Eibach sports springs and a H&R rear arb to my Superb Sportline Wagon. Transforms the handling, corners much flatter and no understeer. Height drop was about 25mm. Ride comfort is similar to before, Although I also changed my wheels to 18' and 45 series tyres rather than 40, which I think helped with the brittleness of the OEM tyres. Very happy with the result of all this.
    May I ask specifically which H&R arb did you fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Thanks for all the responses, will go with just the rear swaybar first and see how it goes. I don't want to lower my car just yet, but the same height springs just bit stiffer would be handy (any ideas?)

Cheers
    You can get custom springs made at the std ride height but stiffer.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast