Support VWWC

Thread: We need a Superskoda IN Australia

Users Country Flag

We need a Superskoda IN Australia

G'day all,
    .... after an extended absence.
    I went to have a look on Superskoda tonight for two items: Genuine xenon bulbs & interior mats for a Superb Elegance sedan.

Yippee, both available on Superskoda at prices well cheaper than Skoda dealers in Australia. I'll buy them, I thought.

Then I got to the checkout. Delivery charge = 140.82 Euro. At A$1.4840 that's A$209 for ordinary mailing! No thanks, no sale.
    Anyway, my order proceeded while I was trying to find a shipping option. Mind you, it proceeded without going to payment. I've replied to their order confirmation telling them to cancel the order & why. Their shipping arrangements to Australia are about the dearest on the planet.

PS: For what it's worth, I love the car, but as it stands I will not buy another Skoda unless something drastic happens to improve after sales & warranty support from VAG & Skoda. It is said this is true of many European makes, but Skoda is definitely the one with the worst spare parts support of all makes imho.

I've had my V6 just on 4 years now & increasingly getting pissed off about not being able to buy parts anywhere, without ordering & waiting for VAG & their dealer network to rip me with a 100% markup on what Skoda owners pay everywhere else on the planet. I see Superskoda has setup outlets in other markets, but not here.

How about starting a movement, to bombard Superskoda with cancelled orders, complaints about their lack of shipping alternatives & suggestions they setup an outlet in Australia. There is no competition here.

PS: I've had my V6 for nearly 4 years, longer than most. It's a great car for people who can enjoy it out of traffic & afford to feed it. I love it. But it will be the last Skoda I will buy, unless VAG & Skoda drastically improve after sales parts supply.
    Last edited by 2009fsi; 28-03-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Why would you set up in AU. The market is too small.

not quite sure why you'd go genuine for floor mats when their are so many good aftermarket sellers.

They're even on ebay for $110 delivered

The bulbs I'd look aftermarket.

D1S Ozram Xenarcs are $116 each shipped (way cheaper than SuperSkoda) & they throw in some sidelight bulbs for free at Headlights, Car Lights, Headlight Bulb, Car Bulbs, Car Light Bulbs | PowerBulbs I know heaps of folks that have bought from them
    Car Bulbs, Headlight Bulbs, Wiper blades, headlamp bulbs, Xenon Bulbs: Autobulbs Direct Ltd
    Autolamps | One of Europes leading distributors of Automotive Lighting

Your best bet for spares is the UK.
    SkodaParts.com - A Division of Bickerton Skoda - Genuine Skoda Parts and Accessories - Skoda Parts Online
    The Skoda Shop | Genuine Skoda Parts and Accessories | HortonSkoda
    SKODA Parts direct, buy cheap SKODA spares online - Bestpartstore.co.uk

There are a few reasons I wouldn't buy Skoda again but spares & pricing isn't one of them. Not if you are prepared to do a bit of research.
    Last edited by brad; 29-03-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

I think your kidding yourself. They are no different to any other make in that regard.

I needed a aircon switch for a $3K Astra and the dealer wanted $700, $400 from the local wrecker. I imported one from the UK used in great condition for $50 in my hands. I know used in not new but after doing that I wondered if I should have just bought a new one from the UK. Probably not $700.

If your buying online does it matter if they have a local presence? As long as its value for money and they don't screw up the order they could be on Mars if the freight is reasonable.

Users Country Flag
    Lets face it, if they set up in Aussie they'd go broke following all our red tape requirements for WHS & all the paperwork the government makes business do.

WTF is it with Astra? Mate has one & it needed a reverse switch - AUD120 locally IIRC; AUD25 delivered off eBay. Same deal with some other parts as well.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    If your after good quality floor mats, then i can definitely recommend MatCraft in WA. They custom made me new floor mats for my GTI as well as my Golf R and they look great. And better quality than the genuine VW mats too. Make an Enquiry - Car Mats - Mats for All Car Makes and Models of Vehicles | Matcraft

Cost me $145 delivered for custom mats (and you can pick carpet colour/stitching/heel pad/logos etc). Just send them an email with your cars specs and what you want.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    i've bought one or two things from superskoda - shipping costs most definately ain't a plus point.
    more often than not, the shipping costs are just as much, or more, than the actual goods u r buying!!

probably a good thing for me, cause if it weren't for their exuberant shipping costs, i would've ordered a lot more stuff than i would actually need!!!
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    So are you saying they charge a shedload more than actual postage? I just bought a big box of tricky bits for my BMW bike. Parts came from Germany and the postage cost less than the VAT I didn't have to pay so in effect I bought them for a lower price (delivered) than the people in Europe. This was using DHL but I have also had the same experience with FedEx and other shippers.

Users Country Flag
    The good thin about Super Skoda is that you order it on a Monday, it's normally on your door step the following Monday. I normally wait to order several items together and make postage & handling charges worth while.
    MY 2013 125 TDI Candy White Superb Sedan. Passat CC Mags, Paddles,Tinted Windows, Factory Roller Blinds, Mud Flaps, Park Assist, KESSY, Sun Roof, Mats, Tow Bar, Wind Deflectors, 3M vehicle wrap, Audi Reverse Camera.

Users Country Flag

+1 for matcraft, I got a set for my occy vrs set of 4 front & rear, was so impressed that I ordered a set for my sons mazda 6
    2010 Candy White Octavia vRS 125TDi DSG