Support VWWC

Thread: Vehicle driving mode - always resets to normal - is there a fix?

Users Country Flag

Vehicle driving mode - always resets to normal - is there a fix?

Hi

Apologies, I suspect this question has been asked many times, but I'll admit I wasn't able to find (using search) a thread that covered it.

I've just bought an MY19 Superb Wagon (with all the options) and have noticed that, unlike my MY16 Golf Alltrack, it doesn't remember the last used setting for Vehicle Driving mode. I acknowledge that the owners manual says "After switching on the ignition, Normal mode is automatically selected."

Does anyone know if this can be bypassed?

I found a bypass that my local VW mechanic can potentially do to activate traffic sign recognition, although I also found a thread suggesting that it might not be too successful in Oz. Anyway I was hoping for a similar coding solution to this one: Activate Sign Assist - AS.Coding

thanks in advance

Users Country Flag
    the Driving Mode (Eco, Comfort, Normal, Sport, Individual) will always remember the last selected mode, but the engine Drive mode will revert to Normal.

the Drive mode (Eco, Normal, Sport) will always revert to Normal mode.
    no workaround.

so if u had:-
    - Driving Mode ECO, then after restarting, the car will start up in ECO driving mode, but the engine drive mode will be Normal, instead of the expected ECO engine drive mode.
    - Driving Mode SPORT, then after restarting, the car will start up in SPORT driving mode, but the engine drive mode will be Normal, instead of the expected SPORT engine drive mode.
    - Driving Mode Individual with SPORT drive mode, then after restarting, the car will start up in Individual driving mode, but the engine drive mode will be Normal, instead of the expected SPORT engine drive mode.

with TSR, it partially works, but u get a warning (after 500m of driving) after each time u start the car. TSR will read road signs no problem, but u can't "fuse" the camera detected speed and the map speed data, hence the warning message.
    i've had it enabled on mine for 2+ years. all good.
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 26-08-2020 at 05:04 PM.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Nice explanation for Driving vs Drive mode, thanks for that.

However, I'm not sure that my superb is behaving as you've suggested, moreover it appears to be consistent with my owners manual.

I set the Driving Mode to Sport, drove 50m then stopped and turned off the car. When I restarted & pressed the Driving Mode button again, on the Columbus screen it was showing that I was in Normal mode & indeed the steering wheel weight was back to normal. I tried the same thing in Individual Driving Mode with the same effect, ie it was always defaulting to Normal driving mode.

Any thoughts? Maybe it's the case with the MY19 models (June 19 Build, Dec 19 Compliance). I have read that older models did remember the setting, but that it had changed (circa 2017 maybe?).

At any rate, it doesn't sound like there's a code to make it stay in the last used mode, as my VW Golf Alltrack does?

Love to hear other comments/experiences?
    Last edited by mjacko69; 27-08-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Users Country Flag
    That is different indeed.
    I haven't heard of this before, even over at the briskoda forum.

Mine (MY17) is in Individual mode 90% of the time, and every time I switch the car back on, it remembers it.
    If left in Sport mode, it will remember it, but the engine (drive mode) will revert back to Normal.
    Likewise with Comfort & Eco driving modes.

The first batch of Superbs, MY15 & early MY16 models, used to also remember the engine drive mode!!
    But for whatever reason, VWAG removed this across the range.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    That is different indeed.
    I haven't heard of this before, even over at the briskoda forum.

Mine (MY17) is in Individual mode 90% of the time, and every time I switch the car back on, it remembers it.
    If left in Sport mode, it will remember it, but the engine (drive mode) will revert back to Normal.
    Likewise with Comfort & Eco driving modes.

The first batch of Superbs, MY15 & early MY16 models, used to also remember the engine drive mode!!
    But for whatever reason, VWAG removed this across the range.
    I found this on briskoda, which seems to be the issue I am having, needing to press the button to change
    Mode resets back to normal every time I switch off - Page 2 - Skoda Octavia Mk III (2013 onward) - BRISKODA