Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vcds changes

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    So I had a go today, making some VCDS changes...

- DRL Whiskers = no luck, despite coding as per the instructions.
    - I changed the DRL to dim when side/park lights are on. previously they remained on full brightness.
    - I enabled DRLs with Rear Lights. This also turns on number plate lights, and instrument lights.
    - changed CH/LH to use fog lights instead of low beams
    - found the proper adaptation names and got HBA working - did a test drive and it works well
    You won't get the whiskers working in Australia because none have the right lights with LEDs in the whiskers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Batten View Post
    You won't get the whiskers working in Australia because none have the right lights with LEDs in the whiskers.
    They do have Lighting strips in the "whiskers". Most likely not wired up.
    Shine a torch into the headlamp and u'll c that they're indeed lighting strips.

It appears AUS models get the "A" version (3V2.941.015.A)
    The version with whiskers that actually turn on is the "B" version (3V2.941.015.B).

Tis a shame the AUS market doesn't get the version which can have the whiskers turned on.

The version with whiskers that actually turn on is the "B" version (3V2.941.015.B).

Tis a shame the AUS market doesn't get the version which can have the whiskers turned on.
    Dont know part numbers but my resesrch when I was buying told me that only models with smart light assist had the light up lashes and that was not an option in Australia.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Batten View Post
    Dont know part numbers but my resesrch when I was buying told me that only models with smart light assist had the light up lashes and that was not an option in Australia.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    That's correct... I was looking to see if I can buy headlights with smart light assist from the UK and I could find any.

Users Country Flag

I wonder if enabling smart light assist is a matter of just replacing the headlights (without the ballast and xenon lamps) with a bit of coding...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    I wonder if enabling smart light assist is a matter of just replacing the headlights (without the ballast and xenon lamps) with a bit of coding...
    In theory yes.
    Get the B version (masking capable, hence smart light assist), some coding and u'll b a happy chappy, with glowing whiskers.
    But at approx 350 Euro a piece - I'm just to be a chap 😊

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456