Thread: V6 Elegance insurance

Users Country Flag

V6 Elegance insurance

I am shopping around for a comprehensive insurance policy. The current one is for "agreed value" with AAMI. I have just received a quote for "market value" with youi. Big differences in value and premiums. Some insurance policies deduct cost of towing, blah blah blah from the payout but the youi policy seems to be nett. Anyone have any comments? Always looking for a good deal which usually means the cheapest is NOT a good deal.

Users Country Flag
    I've stuck with AAMI for the past 4 years on agreed value. Whilst the others are cheaper, they also offer ~$5000 less in the event that the car is written off. Whilst I'm not planning on needing that, I believe that the $100-$200 difference per year between AAMI and the cheaper quotes is worth it in the event that the car is written off.

GIO wanted close enough to double the premium with AAMI, but decided that the car was worth $3500 less. (This is on my Forester - never see insurance for the Skoda as it is a lease car)
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

I changed my vRS Octavia agreed value $25K. from GIO to Youii because the premium was halved. I had been with GIO for nearly 30 years and only 1 claim about 20 years ago. They didn't give a toss about me leaving.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.