Support VWWC

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Traffic Sign recognition in MY19 Superb

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    9
    Users Country Flag

    Traffic Sign recognition in MY19 Superb

    Hi folks

    I found a thread in the Octavia section from 2017 discussion whether enabling traffic sign recognition works in Oz, and I think the conclusion was that it may have limited success. Partially due to the fact that our traffic signs are not to the same EU standard.

    Does anyone know if is successful in the 2019 Superb (with all factory options including digital instrument cluster)?

    My local dealer told me that they can't enable it for me, but suggested I contacted a local VW specialist, who said that if I can find the codes for them, they can do it. This appears to be the suggested coding change required: Activate Sign Assist - AS.Coding

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,643
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mjacko69 View Post
    Hi folks

    I found a thread in the Octavia section from 2017 discussion whether enabling traffic sign recognition works in Oz, and I think the conclusion was that it may have limited success. Partially due to the fact that our traffic signs are not to the same EU standard.

    Does anyone know if is successful in the 2019 Superb (with all factory options including digital instrument cluster)?

    My local dealer told me that they can't enable it for me, but suggested I contacted a local VW specialist, who said that if I can find the codes for them, they can do it. This appears to be the suggested coding change required: Activate Sign Assist - AS.Coding

    thanks in advance
    look here where I have put full instructions on how to enable it in an MQB car

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XT_...TPRJFZyeG/view

    Last one No 31
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 26-08-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White.
    Front cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD.
    2021 Kamiq LE, Moon White, BV cameras back and front
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, SOLD.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    1,730
    Users Country Flag
    Works fine!
    However, I no longer have it coded in my cars as I am sick of the warnings that appear at start up...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,643
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Works fine!
    However, I no longer have it coded in my cars as I am sick of the warnings that appear at start up...
    Only get one until it finds a sign
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White.
    Front cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD.
    2021 Kamiq LE, Moon White, BV cameras back and front
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, SOLD.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    1,730
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Only get one until it finds a sign
    Roger that!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    421
    It's only about 80% useful as it cannot differentiate school zones outside school hours, read side roads and warn of over-speeding and occasionally, 20kmh warning on highways
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,643
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mr gee View Post
    It's only about 80% useful as it cannot differentiate school zones outside school hours, read side roads and warn of over-speeding and occasionally, 20kmh warning on highways
    All because the maps dont have the data in them to do that Euro maps are a different animal and have all the data included but Aus ones dont and so can give false readings (mine does) and not recognize slightly non standard signs
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White.
    Front cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD.
    2021 Kamiq LE, Moon White, BV cameras back and front
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, SOLD.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    9
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter

    thanks everyone for your comments

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |