Support VWWC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Tire Sizes

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    1,576
    Users Country Flag

    Cheers, I think so too...
    Hard to say about the ride, I am gradually reducing tyre pressure from 36psi / 35psi and now down to 34psi. I will see how that goes...

    They feel BIGGER if that makes sense?

    The biggest test will be the forecasted rain, interesting to see how it performs then (along with our road trip down to Canberra)!!!

    As for road noise, marginal improvement (certainly not night and day)...

    I might need to look at some more of the "sound insulation" enhancements for my car too...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    2,195
    Users Country Flag
    It (sidewall) does certainly look bigger/thicker, which is wat I was expecting given the same 40 profile, but with a 10mm wider tyre.

    Yes, the extra sound deadening I put in the bootwell and rear wheelarches seems to have made a difference.
    Now the "noise" is coming from the front half of the car. I just need to put the remaining deadening stuff in the front wheelarches.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    339
    Users Country Flag
    Driving in the dark last and I hit a massive pothole, it busted the front tyre.
    I am gonna replace all 4 Pirelli P7 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 245/40ZR19.
    From what I understood from this thread, this is legal and shouldn't cause any insurance issues in the future.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,299
    Users Country Flag
    Have a read of this thread just for fun

    Attention Required! | Cloudflare
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    339
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Have a read of this thread just for fun

    Attention Required! | Cloudflare
    Yeah a bunch of people fighting about the sidewall difference
    Do you think I should stick to 235?

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,299
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    Yeah a bunch of people fighting about the sidewall difference
    Do you think I should stick to 235?

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Well you would have to swap them around in pairs as the 245's are 8mm larger diameter but if its a 2wd it wont matter. Would a little bit if is an AWD
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    339
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Well you would have to swap them around in pairs as the 245's are 8mm larger diameter but if its a 2wd it wont matter. Would a little bit if is an AWD
    It is AWD... I am gonna replace all 4.
    Could you please explain why it would matter in AWD, if you have the time.
    Many thanks.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    1,576
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    It is AWD... I am gonna replace all 4.
    Could you please explain why it would matter in AWD, if you have the time.
    Many thanks.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Don't listen to the noise or the haters mate...

    Go for the 245/40R19 tyres!

    I have the same on my Superb and my Passat Alltrack. I run 220kpa (32psi) for a comfortable ride on both cars...

    The Arteon also uses a 245/40R19 tyre.

    (On both cars) at an indicated 100km/h read 97km/h on the GPS (BlackVue Dash Cam).
    Around 103km/h on the dash is 100km/h on the GPS.

    All these cars share the same chassis and components (to a degree), so you will be right!

    Due to the Haldex AWD System, you would not want different rolling diameters front to rear...

    If you are keen, you can also fine tune via VCDS (not sure if available on OBDeleven as I haven't gone looking yet); Wheel Circumference Change YouTube
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,299
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Don't listen to the noise or the haters mate...

    Go for the 245/40R19 tyres!

    I have the same on my Superb and my Passat Alltrack. I run 220kpa (32psi) for a comfortable ride on both cars...

    The Arteon also uses a 245/40R19 tyre.

    (On both cars) at an indicated 100km/h read 97km/h on the GPS (BlackVue Dash Cam).
    Around 103km/h on the dash is 100km/h on the GPS.

    All these cars share the same chassis and components (to a degree), so you will be right!

    Due to the Haldex AWD System, you would not want different rolling diameters front to rear...

    If you are keen, you can also fine tune via VCDS (not sure if available on OBDeleven as I haven't gone looking yet); Wheel Circumference Change YouTube
    Well Im not one of the haters as was trying to help both him and the idiot on WP If you look at the tyre comparator I linked the photos of you will see the exact difference which at 100kph is 2 1/2 % closer to accurate.

    I changed the tyre circumference in my Tiguan with OBDEleven and where it was 104 at 100kph it is now dead on the 100. You beat me to it to say that with a Haldex or any transfer case you dont want different sized tyres as it makes it work like a diff all the time and hastens wear.

    However running tyres below recommended pressures will cause them to heat up more and possibly wear faster as well The recommended pressures are probably that for a reason
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 15-03-2020 at 10:12 PM.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    1,576
    Users Country Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Well Im not one of the haters as was trying to help both him and the idiot on WP If you look at the tyre comparator I linked the photos of you will see the exact difference which at 100kph is 2 1/2 % closer to accurate.

    I changed the tyre circumference in my Tiguan with OBDEleven and where it was 104 at 100kph it is now dead on the 100. You beat me to it to say that with a Haldex or any transfer case you dont want different sized tyres as it makes it work like a diff all the time and hastens wear.

    However running tyres below recommended pressures will cause them to heat up more and possibly wear faster as well The recommended pressures are probably that for a reason
    Not implying you are one of the haters (just a general comment)...

    I will have a look at OBDeleven also to see if I can do some fine tuning.

    220kpa (32psi) is the recommended tyre pressure for the Alltrack (as per the Tyre Placard).

    Tire Sizes-b8-passat-alltrack-wolfsburg-tyre-placard-jpg
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |