Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superb Sportline base line Dyno run

Superb Sportline base line Dyno run

Curious to know what the real "at the wheel" outputs are as a baseline ahead of any future mods I booked a dyno run at Race Torque Engineering here in Perth. One of the owners Lane is a VAG fan who drives an Octavia RS245, and they have a history with Skoda preparing the factory Team MRF Fabia rally cars. His workshop was full of Evo's and WRX today although there was a tidy Kombi rebuild underway.

Superb Sportline base line Dyno run-skoda-baseline-dyno-run-aug-11-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OnetoothCracker View Post
    Curious to know what the real "at the wheel" outputs are as a baseline ahead of any future mods I booked a dyno run at Race Torque Engineering here in Perth. One of the owners Lane is a VAG fan who drives an Octavia RS245, and they have a history with Skoda preparing the factory Team MRF Fabia rally cars. His workshop was full of Evo's and WRX today although there was a tidy Kombi rebuild underway.

Superb Sportline base line Dyno run-skoda-baseline-dyno-run-aug-11-jpg
    I had a baseline of 170AWKW prior to my dyno tune, that was with intake mods only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi @aratic I’m still weighing up when and how I will tune, balancing warranty and wishes for now but likely a stage 1 or similar is not too far away.

This car will be a keeper for me, so I’m aiming to enjoy looking after and improving it as I choose. It was serviced by my guy when it arrived (ex Vic) at <5000km and since I have had the car ceramic coated, replaced the space saver with a full size spare, added a factory tow bar, changed the brake pads to ATE ceramics. I’m on the lookout for a rear sway bar upgrade now.

Which way did you end up going with your tune and did you get what you wanted?

Edit - I forgot to mention I was told the boost was running at 0.9bar is this pretty low, I have to admit my last car mods involved custom heads and Weber’s so not up with turbo facts
    Last edited by OnetoothCracker; 11-08-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Couple of questions regarding your figures.
    a) What engine and official rated power/torque figures?
    b) Were your measurements at the wheel or as extrapolated flywheel figure?

Hi @aratic I’m still weighing up when and how I will tune, balancing warranty and wishes for now but likely a stage 1 or similar is not too far away.

Which way did you end up going with your tune and did you get what you wanted?

Edit - I forgot to mention I was told the boost was running at 0.9bar is this pretty low, I have to admit my last car mods involved custom heads and Weber’s so not up with turbo facts
    I did the same thing, weighed up warranty etc and decided to go for it anyway. Was less than 12 months old and only had 7,000kms. For minor warranty issues it shouldn’t have any detrimental effects.

I went custom stage 1 ECU and TCU through Tarmac Engineering in Brisbane, and I’m pleased with the results and how it drives.

0.9 bar is a bit low, stock they are 1.2-1.3 from memory. Peak is now 1.8 bar.

Superb Sportline base line Dyno run

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrycan View Post
    A) 206kw and 350nm is stock flywheel figures for a Sportline.
    B) The dyno sheet is at the wheels. Add ~20% to these for approx flywheel figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrycan View Post
    a) Car is Sportline 2.0tsi 4x4 - officially rated at 206 kw & 350nm
    b) At the wheel

0.9 bar is a bit low, stock they are 1.2-1.3 from memory.

I'm interested to understand why the the lower stock boost on mine and will have a look around to try understand better, the following suggests 1.2 as you said

For high-performance vehicles, the engineers did some improvements in the design. The engines with code CJX have slightly different cylinder head shape, performance intake camshaft, bigger exhaust valves, reduced compression ration to 9.3:1, new pistons, more productive injectors, and high-pressure fuel pump. The engines are turbocharged by IHI IS38 with the max boost of 1.2 bar (17.4 psi)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

0.9 bar is a bit low, stock they are 1.2-1.3 from memory.

I'm interested to understand why the the lower stock boost on mine and will have a look around to try understand better, the following suggests 1.2 as you said

For high-performance vehicles, the engineers did some improvements in the design. The engines with code CJX have slightly different cylinder head shape, performance intake camshaft, bigger exhaust valves, reduced compression ration to 9.3:1, new pistons, more productive injectors, and high-pressure fuel pump. The engines are turbocharged by IHI IS38 with the max boost of 1.2 bar (17.4 psi)

[/QUOTE]

Do you have the Sports Instruments in yours? You can read boost off that, although note that this reads atmospheric so you need to deduct 1 bar from the reading

“Do you have the Sports Instruments in yours? You can read boost off that, although note that this reads atmospheric so you need to deduct 1 bar from the reading”

Yes I do have the sports instruments, I just don’t know of somewhere I can safely replicate the Dyno run and read the boost gauges in the centre screen. I think it would be better to have the boost show in the virtual cockpit, hmmm I wonder if that could be coded...

The technician operating the dyno commented on the boost being lower than expected, and led to me wanting to learn more about what drives variation and changes in boost pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast