Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smart Headlights in Skoda Superb MY16 and MY17

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Batten View Post
    I was the one who defined DLA incorrectly so that might have been my fault. Did yours come factory with LA or did you "enable" it afterwards.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Not available as an option here, enabled with VCDS.

Users Country Flag
    AFS (Bending Xenons) are standard on every MY16 or MY17 Superb.
    High-Beam Assist (auto high beams) are not available from factory on AUDM Superbs. Can be enabled via VCDS on cars with Lane Assist, but not gauranteed to work as not a Factory-enabled option.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    Dynamic light assist is not available in Australia, even with the fully loaded superbs, it is an option in the UK, you know you have it if the "lashes" illuminate with the DRL. I think it is called smart light assist.
    This option is standard on the Passat R with LED matrix.
    correct.....explanation here.

some discussion here on the briskoda forum.
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 12-02-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    AFS (Bending Xenons) are standard on every MY16 or MY17 Superb.
    High-Beam Assist (auto high beams) are not available from factory on AUDM Superbs. Can be enabled via VCDS on cars with Lane Assist, but not gauranteed to work as not a Factory-enabled option.
    You are quite right Mysticality & dArk5HaDOw. We tried it some time ago & from the driver's seat seemed to work when my mate turned his very powerful spot onto the front of the car. The reason it seemed to work too late was, as we now know, because his spot was actually triggering the light sensor behind the mirror & turning the auto headlights off. The day driving of course staying on which my old mate thought was my low beam. Definitely a flawed test method! The other lesson is to check where the info about systems in write ups comes from.
    Far be it from me to use the word plagarism, but some write ups out here are lifted from overseas about differently configured cars. I first heard of DLA in a write up out here & chased it up in the manual I'd downloaded from Skoda Cz, before I took delivery. The specs are just not the same. The same thing with wireless charging. According to my dealer, it was fitted & would work if I had a Samsung S7 or Moto Z. We happen to have one of each & as most of you probably know, wireless charging is only now turning up in the most recent Superbs. Serves me right for being too enthusiastic & buying early.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fsi View Post
    The same thing with wireless charging. According to my dealer, it was fitted & would work if I had a Samsung S7 or Moto Z. We happen to have one of each & as most of you probably know, wireless charging is only now turning up in the most recent Superbs. Serves me right for being too enthusiastic & buying early.
    Wireless charging is available if the phonebox base panel shows the "Qi" logo, only really an MY17 thing.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Looking for some help coding the high beam assist on a MY17 Superb using OBD eleven. I believe there is coding differences between jt and previous models

Also the Air Circ Memory app in the OBDEleven app is failing so coding for MY17 might have changed for that as well

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Batten View Post
    Looking for some help coding the high beam assist on a MY17 Superb using OBD eleven. I believe there is coding differences between jt and previous models

Also the Air Circ Memory app in the OBDEleven app is failing so coding for MY17 might have changed for that as well

Hi, sorry for reviving old post.

Can anyone do this for MY17 Superb in Brisbane North Side? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12