Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skoda Superb Wheels

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by blueSup View Post
    No matter what I tried I couldn't;t make the rim and tyre fit in the wheel well. There would need to be some cutting of plastic and some metal bashing to make it work. Plus it would still lift the fake floor proud of it's usual resting points.
    Our solution was very straight forward (it needed to be as I'm not very handy at all!).
    Our thought process was that the full size spare it of far more importance to us, particularly for long haul drives in outback, than small piece of plastic thats hidden.
    The fake floor at a guess might be 5mm higher so we've just used some foam underneath so there is no movement.
    Happy to show you the result if need be. IMO change over isn't noticeable and I get security of full sized spare when driving long distances.
    Last edited by Burge; 22-11-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Yes I'm very interested in purchasing the 3 wheels and tyres how do I go about contacting you I'm a newbie on this site

Just as an update. I only have one wheel available now.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Burge View Post
    Just as an update. I only have one wheel available now.
    A bit late to ask, however is the wheel still available?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    A bit late to ask, however is the wheel still available?
    Sorry mate, dont have any left.

Users Country Flag
    No matter what I tried I couldn't;t make the rim and tyre fit in the wheel well. There would need to be some cutting of plastic and some metal bashing to make it work. Plus it would still lift the fake floor proud of it's usual resting points.
    All you need to do is trim a cresent shaped piece out of that stupid little plastic lip which protrudes into the wheel well by about 1cm. Dead easy a little Dremel cutting wheel in a small Milwaulke inline drill I have. Then you need take a Stanley knife & trim the excess off the black foam block Skoda uses to fill the void when the billy cart tyre is in there. If you have a 235/40s on the 19"rim, it is not noticeable when the boot floor is in place. there is soft material on the under side of that floor which fairly quickly settles into the shape anyway. We are only talking millimetres.

I have 245 Conti 6s on the car & it sits about 1cm above the wheel well, but same story, the boot floor quickly settle to be not noticeable. I got a sheet of about 8mm thick felt underlay & cut the wheel well out of the centre. That was all it took to have completely flat floor. I did need to trim a little more of that plastic protrusion off for the 245 & always slide the rear side of the spare in first.

Users Country Flag
    All you need to do is trim a cresent shaped piece out of that stupid little plastic lip which protrudes into the wheel well by about 1cm. Dead easy a little Dremel cutting wheel in a small Milwaulke inline drill I have. Then you need take a Stanley knife & trim the excess off the black foam block Skoda uses to fill the void when the billy cart tyre is in there. If you have a 235/40s on the 19"rim, it is not noticeable when the boot floor is in place. there is soft material on the under side of that floor which fairly quickly settles into the shape anyway. We are only talking millimetres.

I have 245 Conti 6s on the car & it sits about 1cm above the wheel well, but same story, the boot floor quickly settle to be not noticeable. I got a sheet of about 8mm thick felt underlay & cut the wheel well out of the centre. That was all it took to have completely flat floor. I did need to trim a little more of that plastic protrusion off for the 245 & always slide the rear side of the spare in first , just so I don't get any hangup on the residual of that plastic lip..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fsi View Post

I have 245 Conti 6s on the car & it sits about 1cm above the wheel well, but same story, the boot floor quickly settle to be not noticeable. I got a sheet of about 8mm thick felt underlay & cut the wheel well out of the centre. That was all it took to have completely flat floor. I did need to trim a little more of that plastic protrusion off for the 245 & always slide the rear side of the spare in first , just so I don't get any hangup on the residual of that plastic lip..
    Good info right there!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

This is what annoys me.
    I can understand manufacturers putting space savers in their cars because there is no room for it. eg Toyota 86.
    But when the wheel well already fits a full sized wheel, it simply penny pinching.

Speaking of wheels, someone ran into my superb sportline at a carpark yesterday and damaged the front bumper and front alloy (Vega). Does anyone know where you can get one new 19inch Vega Alloy from (either in Aus or OS that ship to Aus)? Aussie Dealer (stealer) is wanting a criminal $1300 for one new rim. And yet Skoda UK only charge AUD$600.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast