Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skoda Superb Towbar options (SA)

Users Country Flag

Skoda Superb Towbar options (SA)

Hi all, just purchased a used 2016 Skoda Superb 206ti 4x4 Wagon and was keen to know my towbar options. I have read through some threads on here and there is alot of information about what NOT to do and the different options. Im keen to get a euro invisiable style westfalia style one with a skoda specific wiring kit not the unversial one as im told can cause issues with all the electronics.

so I was wondering what people have installed and the costs associated with this and also if there is anyone from Adelaide that is experienced in installing one that would be very helpful.

btw - only towing a 6x4 trailer on occasion and a bike carrier for my kids

Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ozisa View Post
    Hi all, just purchased a used 2016 Skoda Superb 206ti 4x4 Wagon and was keen to know my towbar options. I have read through some threads on here and there is alot of information about what NOT to do and the different options. Im keen to get a euro invisiable style westfalia style one with a skoda specific wiring kit not the unversial one as im told can cause issues with all the electronics.

so I was wondering what people have installed and the costs associated with this and also if there is anyone from Adelaide that is experienced in installing one that would be very helpful.

btw - only towing a 6x4 trailer on occasion and a bike carrier for my kids

Cheers!
    I don't have one on my Superb, but I have a Genuine VW Tow Bar Kit on my Passat.

Here are some links to get you going;

https://etowbars.com/au/Towbars/Skoda/Superb-III
    Shop | Towbars Australia
    Products - TAG Towbars & Towing Accessories
    Australia Towbars & Performance - CAN bus module wiring OEM kits - Brake controllers - Accessories - Australia Towbars & Performance store
    Tow Bars & Towbar Kits Australia | EVT Automotive - Towbars Australia Holdings P/L
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ozisa View Post
    great thanks!
    I have the OEM towbar on my Superb 206, and it works very well.

With regard to the electronics, if you don't get it right, the car thinks there's something behind it and will repeatedly emergency brake when trying to reverse. It's happened to me once when I tried to reverse without the wiring plug attached. Very embarassing

Does anyone know how/if you can attach a standard bike rack/carrier to these euro style towbars? By standard bike rack carrier I mean something like this:

https://www.amazon.com.au/CyclingDea...07312761&psc=1

Ones that attach to the ball? Yes

Ones that need to be placed between the ball and the tongue? No, as the ball isn't removable.

I have a Thule Euroway 3 bike carrier, and a 970 XPress 2 bike carrier, and they both work perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by CaffeineAU View Post
    Ones that attach to the ball? Yes

Ones that need to be placed between the ball and the tongue? No, as the ball isn't removable.

I have a Thule Euroway 3 bike carrier, and a 970 XPress 2 bike carrier, and they both work perfectly
    Thanks. The Thule ones that clamp on the towball....they don't rotate or sway around the ball when in transit with bikes attached?

Quote Originally Posted by donweather View Post
    Thanks. The Thule ones that clamp on the towball....they don't rotate or sway around the ball when in transit with bikes attached?
    No, when properly clamped on (the euroway has clamp tension adjustment) there's no rotation. The only issue I've had in that respect was on my previous car, where the towball itself was loose and rotated.

Like the OP I looked at the options for a towbar to fit to my Superb, as others have mentioned getting the coding right is important and I had read that some Superb had the pre-fitted towing wiring loom and some didn't. Mine was pre-fitted so the connections were in place in the boot (on my hatch) if not already installed wiring would have to be run through to the cabin area. I ended up getting the OEM fitted by the dealer, which from memory was around $1900 all up.

I would have thought all cars would come with the pre-wiring already installed and in the spare tyre well. Can anyone confirm or deny for MY20/MY21 superb sportlines please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast