Thread: Skoda Superb mk3 grill needed

Skoda Superb mk3 grill needed

Hi all,
    Took a long drive for family reasons but during the return trip we unfortunately hit a duck. Result? Duck down but so is the radiator grill! Apparently Skoda claims the grill is part of the front bumper bar! The repair is beyond plastic welding a so I after a new grill with chrome strips? Any idea where I can source this from??
    Regards Robert
    2019 Skoda Superb 162kW
    2014 Skoda Octavia Elegance 110Tdi sedan (sold)
    2005 Audi Allroad TDI (sold)
    1968 VW Country Buggy (KO 606)

Users Country Flag
    Best to look at suppliers from Europe where Skoda is more common. Otherwise im sure the dealership would love to charge you $1k for a grille.

Looks like the part number is 3V0 853 653B.

There is also this aftermarket option: Front Grill Skoda Superb Mk3 | Our Offer \ Skoda \ Superb \ Mk3 [2015-2019] | Maxton Design
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 03-08-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 03-08-2021 at 10:29 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Hi auditwmba, It seems like your preference is to replace the grille yourself rather than through your insurance. I'm not sure the Skoda claim "the grille is part of the front bumper bar is correct. From the Briskoda forum links below you will see how others have replaced the grilles on their Superb, it seems like a fair amount of work. You could try searching wreckers for a grille locally or source from Kopacek (previously Super Skoda) see below link. Good luck

FrontGrille replacement

Frontgrill removal

Grilles

Users Country Flag
    the top grille is definitely NOT part of the front bumper.
    when removing the the bumper, yes, the grille comes out with it, but it can be separated from the bumper itself as its held with a series of bolts and clips.

i've removed the front bumper off my Superb many many times.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Thanks for the responses.
    The parts bill for the grill and chrome surround ex-Skoda is > $1,100! OS may be an option.
    BTW, I have admired your mods, dArK5HaD0w. And have used some myself. Do you have a procedure for front bumper removal, please? Are there any secret screws as with the rear bumperbar? I had a towbar fitted and the fitter didn't know of the hidden screws; bar had to be repaired before refitting!
    2019 Skoda Superb 162kW
    2014 Skoda Octavia Elegance 110Tdi sedan (sold)
    2005 Audi Allroad TDI (sold)
    1968 VW Country Buggy (KO 606)

Users Country Flag

$1100 for the grille and chrome surround!!!! fark me.
    best to do it urself. its not hard, just need to take ur time.

i can email u the how-to for the front bumper removal, if u want. or u can have a read here. it also has a link to my how-to.

if u want to do it without breaking anything, or gouging/scratching ur hands, it essentially involves:-
    - jack front up and remove front tyres
    - remove wheel arch liners
    - disconnect washer fluid pipe
    - remove foglight covers to disconnect bumper electrics, including foglight wiring connectors.
    - remove top screws
    - remove bottom screws
    - slide bumper out

thanks for the kind words
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS