Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skoda Superb, Best of the worst sellers.

Skoda Superb, Best of the worst sellers.

Todays Sunday Telegraph has a list of cars the rate as the best of the worst sellers and the Superb is amongst them.
    "Maybe the long Czech liftback and now wagon is just too close in essence and price to its VW Passat sibling.Maybe we dont yet "get" big cars with small but highly efficent engines..........blah, blah,blah.....Maybe its a cold war hangover. Whatever it is we re wrong................"
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

WTF? Its scary some people take this s h i t seriously, I mean seriously give us a break!
    2010 Vrs Tsi DSG Estate Anthracite Zenons Foglights Sunroof Front Parking Sensors Leather Tint Bluefin Love it!
    2005 Golf 2.0fsi Sportline

I saw my first Superb yestorday,and have to say that it is the most hideous looking car I have EVER seen...

I can't believe that the Telegraph would actually sell a paper with this crap! I'd say the Superb to be one of the best cars on sale in Australia, not just one of the best of the 'worst sellers'. It's not too closely priced to a Passat (tis bigger and better equipped in all version)! I'd blame it on the slightly weird looks (although fixed with the wagon so we'll see how sales of the wagon go) of the TwinDoor and the perception of Skoda's crappiness....
    Mine: Silver 2006 Volkswagen Golf Sportline 2.0FSI 6M (with a sunroof)
    Parents': Candy White 2008 Skoda Octavia RS 2.0TFSI 6M Liftback

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony View Post
    I saw my first Superb yestorday,and have to say that it is the most hideous looking car I have EVER seen...
    Oh... com on, what about Nissan Micra, Daihatsu Serion, Daewoo Matiz and so on there is a lot of more hideous looking cars before Superb

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Oh... com on, what about Nissan Micra, Daihatsu Serion, Daewoo Matiz and so on there is a lot of more hideous looking cars before Superb
    Add the BMW X3, Holden Barina, whole Ssangyong range, Lexus LX570, Toyota Rukus (saw one yesterday - it's awful) and Nissan X-Trail to that list please. Sure the Superb isn't that nice-looking but it makes up for it in every other area! Every previous car is rubbish everywhere!!!!
    Mine: Silver 2006 Volkswagen Golf Sportline 2.0FSI 6M (with a sunroof)
    Parents': Candy White 2008 Skoda Octavia RS 2.0TFSI 6M Liftback

Users Country Flag
    LOL! I think the point of the article has been missed. Sounds like they were going for a "hidden treasures" type article, pointing out great cars that people might not even know exist.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony View Post
    Everyone's entitled to their own taste, I on the other hand find the Wagon quite spectacular, the sedan is less desirable in sheer looks. Luckily we all are allowed to choose our own tastes or we would all be sheep in a paddock, impossible to tell apart.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by CanberravRS View Post
    Everyone's entitled to their own taste, I on the other hand find the Wagon quite spectacular, the sedan is less desirable in sheer looks. Luckily we all are allowed to choose our own tastes or we would all be sheep in a paddock, impossible to tell apart.
    Indeed. I was surprised to find that my better half loved the look of the superb sedan & has now declared that she'll be comparing the rear leg room in all cars against it. She loves the town car look of it, although I can't help but think that if we got one she'd take to riding in the back while insisting I wear a black suit & cap while I drive

Yep most of you are missing the point, what the journo is saying is that it is an excellent car, however it just doesn t sell for some reason.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast