Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show of your Superb Pictures.

It's a fantastic-looking car! One question, did you option the Luxons or are they standard on the V6 now (like in some markets)?
    Mine: Silver 2006 Volkswagen Golf Sportline 2.0FSI 6M (with a sunroof)
    Parents': Candy White 2008 Skoda Octavia RS 2.0TFSI 6M Liftback

Users Country Flag
    Congrats, Duckster! It looks great, and the wait is finally over. Wish we had a Great Ocean Road in Sydney....sounds like you had a great time

I'm actually picking mine up today (not last Saturday as hoped), so excitement all around! Kinda wishing I'd gone with the Luxons now - oh well.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Lovely to see another Storm Blue... With Luxons too...

Very schmick indeed.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake02 View Post
    It's a fantastic-looking car! One question, did you option the Luxons or are they standard on the V6 now (like in some markets)?
    I did buy the Luxons through spare parts and I got them at $425 a rim (not sure how good the price really is). I kept the Themisto's that came with the car but seeing a few posts how the continentals that come with the car don't appear to last that long I also got a set of Bridgestone tyres to go onto the Luxon's. Driving down The Great Ocean Road the car just stuck to the road and just felt great. Come the new year the idea is to get the Themisto's painted. Not sure what colour at the moment. At the moment, I leaning towards Black or maybe Anthracite Grey.

The storm blue is so cool!!! Your car is now unique as there will be no more in this color!
    Thanks VAG newbie! I love the Storm Blue. I have been told it's the only Storm Blue V6 Sedan in Australia, but I'm not too sure how true it is. There is a guy a few blocks over from me with a Storm Blue 125 TDI Sedan who is hoping to get a few shots with our cars side by side but he is on the road most of the time. After seeing his car I knew Storm Blue was the colour for me. It's a little disappointing that Storm Blue and the other colours that have pulled from the line up are now gone as well.

Come January, I'm sure you will love your Black 125 TDI wagon beastie as much much as I love mine (just be sure to post us some pics)

I'm actually picking mine up today (not last Saturday as hoped), so excitement all around! Kinda wishing I'd gone with the Luxons now - oh well.
    Congrats Parkesy!!!

Hopefully that means that there will some pics forthcoming of your 125 TDI purple wagon beastie!!!!! I hope your wife enjoys it and hopefully a Octavia RS for your good self later on!

Thanks to everybody else and your kinds words. All I can say is that I'm pretty happy to finally be a Skoda owner!
    Last edited by theduckster; 18-07-2011 at 07:41 PM.

MY11 Superb Elegance Sedan Storm Blue 3.6 V6 FSI 191kW DSG 4X4, Glamour Onyx Leather, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Electric Sunroof with solar cells, Park Assist Front and Rear, Privacy Glass, KESSY and Luxons. Tuned by DNA Tuning

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by theduckster View Post
    Congrats Parkesy!!!

Hopefully that means that there will some pics forthcoming of your 125 TDI purple wagon beastie!!!!! I hope your wife enjoys it and hopefully a Octavia RS for your good self later on!
    Very pleased that the wait is over, and the beast is in my garage now! Not a diesel though - a V6 like yours. Only disappointment on collection was that they forgot to include the Bluetooth module and MDI in the build. Will be fixed in the next couple of weeks though.

Not brilliant photos, as it was starting to rain when I took them, but still looks pretty sweet!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...719_132531.jpg
    http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...719_132551.jpg
    http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...719_132603.jpg
    Last edited by Transporter; 19-07-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: fix the quote
    MY11 Superb Elegance Estate Amethyst Purple 3.6 V6 FSI 191kW DSG 4X4, Glamour Onyx Leather, Panoramic Roof, Sports Suspension, Multi Function Wheel, Sunset Glass, False Floor, Power Tailgate, KESSY, MDI, Bluetooth.

Users Country Flag
    Nice colour Parksey, well done!

Yep, Amethyst Purple would definitely be my choice in colour for the Superb (apart from the Mocca Brown/Black they used to offer). I think it looks fantastic and Parkesy you'll certainly have to be on the next Skoda cruise .
    Mine: Silver 2006 Volkswagen Golf Sportline 2.0FSI 6M (with a sunroof)
    Parents': Candy White 2008 Skoda Octavia RS 2.0TFSI 6M Liftback

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Gents,

I'm very happy with the colour choice. Was a bit unsure until I saw it waiting for me at the dealer - it looked better 'in the metal' than in the brochure / photos! The sales guy did say that they'd be discontinuing this colour soon as well, so better get in quick Jake.

Count me in for the cruise!
    MY11 Superb Elegance Estate Amethyst Purple 3.6 V6 FSI 191kW DSG 4X4, Glamour Onyx Leather, Panoramic Roof, Sports Suspension, Multi Function Wheel, Sunset Glass, False Floor, Power Tailgate, KESSY, MDI, Bluetooth.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkesy View Post
    Very pleased that the wait is over, and the beast is in my garage now! Not a diesel though - a V6 like yours. Only disappointment on collection was that they forgot to include the Bluetooth module and MDI in the build. Will be fixed in the next couple of weeks though.
    Sorry Parkesy. To be honest I'm not quite sure where I got the idea of thinking yours was a diesel. Looks good through, even if it's behind is a little larger than mine lol.

Mocca Brown gets phased out after week 39 of production and considering the lead times for production at the moment you would be lucky to get one in Mocca Brown now. Aqua Blue isn't available on the V6's in the MY12 Superb range but is on the rest of the range which I find a little strange. A factory in Germany has just opened up that can produce the same paints that were being produced in Japan, so hopefully the colours were phased out make a comeback real soon! I see Landrover have made the paints that they phased out available for the Evoque, so hopefully Skoda will bring back their phased out paints.

MY11 Superb Elegance Sedan Storm Blue 3.6 V6 FSI 191kW DSG 4X4, Glamour Onyx Leather, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Electric Sunroof with solar cells, Park Assist Front and Rear, Privacy Glass, KESSY and Luxons. Tuned by DNA Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Jake02 View Post
    Yep, Amethyst Purple would definitely be my choice in colour for the Superb (apart from the Mocca Brown/Black they used to offer).....
    I thought black magic is still on offer. I just ordered one.

A factory in Germany has just opened up that can produce the same paints that were being produced in Japan, so hopefully the colours were phased out make a comeback real soon!
    Let's hope they bring back Rosso Brunello!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast