Thread: Seat Reclining Issue

Seat Reclining Issue

There has been a fault with some Superbs where the front passenger seat will recline randomly when the car is not in use. I have only seen reports of it on Briskoda and over there a tech bulletin references the problem and a new seat control module can be fitted. I suspected mine has done it off and on since new but the seat never laid back far enough that I could be sure but today the seat was nearly flat so now I am on the case to see what the fix is. Has anyone experienced this and had it fixed? I just rang the dealer and the service advisor did not know of it and is going to get back to me so I am just getting armed with as much information as possible. My car is one of the first into the country so is well out of warranty.

My passenger seat does this little trick but very occasionally nowadays. I haven't mentioned it to my dealer and didn't know there was a Skoda fix. Doesn't worry me in the slightest although the first time my wife spotted it one morning, she applied thumbscrews to me suspecting midnight philandering!!

Users Country Flag
    The one I had did it as well, from day one, but it was intermittent. I didn't worry too much about it as it didn't bother me too much. I suspect the drivers seat did it too, but as it was linked to the key it could have been moving back to its proper position on unlocking. We referred to it as a haunted seat.
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

Users Country Flag
    I think it was in the Skoda bulletin which can resolved by updating the firmware. I have experienced the powered seat with random memorized position and eventually I can't adjust both seats with minor movement (jumping with 2-3 steps per button click). Luckily ,
    this happened when I got the car new while linking up (profiling) with my keys (1 for the Mrs and the other for my setting) .
    The dealer eventually perform the fix as the bulletin recommends
    Audi A4 B9(8W) AVANT Quattro 2.0 TFSI
    SOLD - Skoda 2012(MY12) 125 Tdi Superb Wagon, KESSY, Power tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

Both front seats on our wagon move but I think it might be us knocking the lever as we get in and out.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by twincab View Post
    Both front seats on our wagon move but I think it might be us knocking the lever as we get in and out.
    It also happened to my Mrs when she gets off the car. However, it is definitely different to the bugs(issues) which I have experienced with randomized seating position with preset seating position(s).
    Audi A4 B9(8W) AVANT Quattro 2.0 TFSI
    SOLD - Skoda 2012(MY12) 125 Tdi Superb Wagon, KESSY, Power tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof