Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rattle warranty...

Users Country Flag

Rattle warranty...

Finally had the ridiculously annoying rattle from my sunroof fixed... the culprit? A loose clip on the sunroof blind and they agreed with me that it sounded super annoying and they were glad they could sort it for me - even though it did mean for them pulling out all the headlining to get to it.

As they handed back the keys to me though the lady said to me "I'm bet you glad you got it fixed now that you're at 14,700km - the Skoda rattle warranty is 15,000 km".

Wait what?? Skoda rattle warranty? So after this I'm on my own? Yikes.

Be warned everyone- keep your ears pealed and get anything at annoys you looked at early because you might not get a chance later....

Users Country Flag
    Rattle warranty? I haven't heard of this before!!! Good to know thanks for the information... Glad you sorted it out... Mine is still waiting for parts from Germany, trying to get rid of the clicking and banging noise...

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I think (hope) they were pulling your leg.

Users Country Flag
    It has some merit. Dealers tear up hundreds of hours (multiplied by whatever the labour rate is) a year, chasing down rattles caused by Etags, coins in the dash vents, jewelry in the ashtray, etc. No reason why they should be covered by warranty at 15K into ownership.

But that's just my 2c
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

It depends on the car. I still have a rattle I mentioned that hasn't been touched. Sometimes you give up and then they get worse.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    Finally had the ridiculously annoying rattle from my sunroof fixed... the culprit? A loose clip on the sunroof blind and they agreed with me that it sounded super annoying and they were glad they could sort it for me - even though it did mean for them pulling out all the headlining to get to it.

As they handed back the keys to me though the lady said to me "I'm bet you glad you got it fixed now that you're at 14,700km - the Skoda rattle warranty is 15,000 km".

Wait what?? Skoda rattle warranty? So after this I'm on my own? Yikes.

Be warned everyone- keep your ears pealed and get anything at annoys you looked at early because you might not get a chance later....
    Rattle warranty? Never heard of it.
    If that's the case it is a bit dissapointing as my previous car (Mazda CX-5) developed rattle within the driver's and passenger doors 70,000km down the track and Mazda fixed it without any questions.

I don't think she wasa serious, its not mentioned anywhere in warranty info.

I have read this somewhere - whether it was the service booklet or manual..

BUT

The usual response is we couldn't see/find the rattle when you pick up the car at the end of the day and by the next service they will tell you sorry, we don't fix rattles since the car if over a year old.
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    If you can take the technician out for a spin, and demonstrate the rattle, so that he/she knows what they're looking for, you'll have a greater chance of getting it sorted out.

Dumping the car on them, and saying there's a rattle somewhere in the car that only happens on some poorly-maintained goat track 400kms away, isn't going to get it solved in any immediacy. Help them help you.

By the way, this wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    If you can take the technician out for a spin, and demonstrate the rattle, so that he/she knows what they're looking for, you'll have a greater chance of getting it sorted out.

Dumping the car on them, and saying there's a rattle somewhere in the car that only happens on some poorly-maintained goat track 400kms away, isn't going to get it solved in any immediacy. Help them help you.

By the way, this wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.
    Ideally yes, but when 'dumping' your car off at 7:30 am in the morning with 20 cars waiting behind you, the response is usually "look, we're flat out, we will look into it during the road test don't worry".

When you pick up the car and they've done nothing about it, it means waiting around for someone to be available and once you point it out to them on a road test, they may acknowledge it and say yup, you will need to bring it back ANOTHER DAY. Waste of time. This is from experience.
    RS
    R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast