Thread: Next Gen Superb - 17/2/15

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cellrsx View Post
    All I've heard is the following variants have been certified for Australia:

- 132 TSi (FWD, 7-speed DSG)
    - 140 TDi (FWD, 6-speed DSG)
    - 162 TSi (FWD, 6-speed DSG)
    - 206 TSi (AWD, 6-speed DSG)
    woohoo....so does that mean the awd 206tsi will definitely be offered here in oz, once launched?
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    woohoo....so does that mean the awd 206tsi will definitely be offered here in oz, once launched?
    It means that it definitely has a far greater chance of coming here than if it was missing off the list.

I still think that 4 engines is 1 too many in the model line-up. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped either the 162 or 206 AWD.

...but then again this is Skoda so they're more likely just do something strange.
    Last edited by tigger73; 02-02-2016 at 09:23 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post

I still think that 4 engines is 1 too many in the model line-up. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped either the 162 or 206 AWD.
    Well tigger, if they drop the 206 AWD in sedan version, this is one potential buyer they can kiss goodbye. I'm not interested at all in a FWD version or Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    Skoda Australia email offers 'a chance to register' for the new Superb. Registering allows you to see rotate, change colour (all dreary shades of grey about the same colours as the road surface, or white), 2 wheels & the opportunity to see it in the dark. All things we saw long ago on other websites.

It doesn't show interior colours, but the colours on offer couldn't possibly go with baby **** brown or unserviceable white, seen in Europe.

My first reaction, big deal Skoda. Now tell us something useful. Tell us the PRICE, of the variants you are offering in Australia, for starters. Forget the marketing bull****, give us some facts.

What am I looking at to exchange a showroom condition Elegance V6 with 40k on the clock, for a top of the line L&K AWD sedan? That's the only thing I want to know.

we know what variants we are getting, just check back further in this thread. But L & Ks don't come here and from memory only the UK get them. And AWD sedan, yes for sure, I'm betting cheaper than the previous model.

What has been listed previously is only what Skoda has put through vehicle certification. It's not a guarantee that the model will be available at launch but if it hadn't been certified then it's a guaranteed non-starter. It still could be that the marketing guys were hedging their bets/hadn't completely made up their minds which models to bring in and put one more in the mix.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The Octavia has a heap of variants in the line-up when you take into consideration the combinations of wagon/sedan/Ambition/Ambition Plus/Style/Scout/RS/DSG/manual/diesel/petrol in all the colours. It would make stock holding quite interesting.

If they truly want the Superb to be the "top of the range" in the Skoda line-up then they have to run the 206kW AWD. The 162TSI in the Superb will just be a bigger/heavier RS.

Users Country Flag
    All quiet on the Australian front. One email from Skoda, raising interest in the release of 2016 Superb this month, followed by.....nothing. I really expected Skoda/VAG would follow through with something more, after firing the gun. Skoda still don't even show Superb among their options on Skoda Australia's site. They may have had certain models certified here but there is no evidence of selling anything, so far.

I came up the Hume from Goulburn to Sydney today & passed a really nicely presented 125Esi white Superb. Looked in showroom condition & stood out among the other cars on the road. The first time I've seen another Superb on the road in nearly 3 years. If the driver happens to be reading, yes, I was that dirty filthy, bug & mud splattered silver V6 returning from less salubrious tracks in the bush.
    My Superb still a novelty in many of the little country towns of relatives. They've never seen one & always impressed by the car. There is a market for roomy Superbs in the bush, particularly AWD models. If Skoda offered them.

Any one got news on the elusive '2016' Superb?

Users Country Flag
    According to my dealer - 20th of this month, (next Sunday in that case) they should start to appear. Apparently they haven't had training for it yet either.

Yeah I think they have training this coming week with cars in dealerships shortly after.

Users Country Flag

any idea when pricings and specifications will be released?
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast