Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Next Gen Superb - 17/2/15

Users Country Flag

Picked up our 206 wagon today. Sweet ��
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon TSI Candy White DSG Leather Sunroof MDI Bluetooth Tow Tint
    MY11.5 Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr Candy White DSG Detroits MDI Bluetooth Bi-Xenons RVC Tint R-Tails - SOLD
    MK5 R32 3dr Black DSG - Loved it
    MY14 CLA45 AMG

Users Country Flag
    Good one backdoc. You won't be disappointed.

When you have a few kms on it, find a nice piece of back or private road & just put it in Sports Mode, put your boot into it from a standing start & climb through the gears. Yes, it happens just like on those Youtube clips. It is the unrelenting torque right through the range & the rock solid, stuck to the road feel, which is impressive.

Users Country Flag
    Well, I'm still trying to come up with more excuses to go driving. I really am seriously impressed by the car. The level of quality, comfort and tech is such a significant step up for Skoda. I recently sold my CLA45 AMG, which I loved, but I already love the Superb. It just makes your life easier, with all the clever little touches. It's a perfect family car and in manual or sport mode it has some serious go. Not sure what it'll be like in the twisty stuff, but the acceleration is quite mystifying in car of this size. I was originally quite concerned about lack of aural excitement, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the nice exhaust growl when you get on it. Love the business grey too.

Not sure what'll end up annoying me about the car. So far only the CarPlay can be frustrating with the connection. Other than this, so far so good. They really should be selling an awful lot of these. I can't think of a car that matches it that doesn't cost twice the price.
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon TSI Candy White DSG Leather Sunroof MDI Bluetooth Tow Tint
    MY11.5 Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr Candy White DSG Detroits MDI Bluetooth Bi-Xenons RVC Tint R-Tails - SOLD
    MY14 CLA45 AMG

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoc View Post
    Picked up our 206 wagon today. Sweet ��
    Did you get a MY16 or MY17 build car backdoc?

Users Country Flag
    They really should be selling an awful lot of these. I can't think of a car that matches it that doesn't cost twice the price.
    My thoughts exactly, backdoc. Some time ago I watched a review by Autobilt.de, somewhat hampered by my rudimentary German, in which the diesel powered FWD sedan were compared to a Merc E-class. The reviewer asked the question; 'Why would you pay all that extra for the Merc, when the Superb was equal, if not better?' One wonders what his thoughts would have been, if he'd compared it with a 206 AWD.

I remain impressed & totally satisfied with mine. My wife thought I had gone crackers when I bought this one. She saw no reason not to stay in the 3T V6. She now thinks it a great decision & loves the comfort & all the refinements in the 206.

I'm still of the opinion these car sell themselves to anyone who stumbles upon them. Can you imagine what the demand would be if VAG/Skoda Aust launched a serious marketing campaign? So far they've only advertised to night owls sitting up very late to watch the Tour de France! A bot like political parties putting maximum effort into targeting the demographic who already votes for them.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    Did you get a MY16 or MY17 build car backdoc?
    I got the last production day of the MY16 lol

Stuff like that would usually bother me big time and I was offered a later build allocation, but I actually saw no benefit in it at all for some extra interior LED colours and to have rimless rear vision mirror. Anything more substantial and I would have waited for sure.

My wife and I really like the green LED light and we're never going to change it, so it wouldn't really matter if I had 2 or 9 other colours I wasn't going to use at my disposal!
    MY14 CLA45 AMG

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoc View Post
    I got the last production day of the MY16 lol

Stuff like that would usually bother me big time and I was offered a later build allocation, but I actually saw no benefit in it at all for some extra interior LED colours and to have rimless rear vision mirror. Anything more substantial and I would have waited for sure.

My wife and I really like the green LED light and we're never going to change it, so it wouldn't really matter if I had 2 or 9 other colours I wasn't going to use at my disposal!
    Last day! Crazy timing.. lol.

Out of interest why'd you decide to change from the A45? My shortlist of cars before ordering the Skoda was the A45 or GLA45, the Golf R or the BMW 3 series, so interesting that you went from the A45 -> Superb.. I thought I was the only one shopping cars quite that diverse.. lol.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    Last day! Crazy timing.. lol.

Out of interest why'd you decide to change from the A45? My shortlist of cars before ordering the Skoda was the A45 or GLA45, the Golf R or the BMW 3 series, so interesting that you went from the A45 -> Superb.. I thought I was the only one shopping cars quite that diverse.. lol.
    I had the CLA45. I ordered it in April 2013 and received the car in July 2014! In August 2015 we had baby number 3. I could fit 2 seats in the CLA, but not 3. Even the C-class is too small for 3 seats. I'm driving our older Octavia RS for now, which by the way, is still a terrific car, and then the plan is to get the C63s sedan in 2018 when our eldest comes out of a car seat.
    MY14 CLA45 AMG

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223