Support VWWC

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Gen Superb - 17/2/15

Users Country Flag

My initial guess would be that there is not sufficient enough demand for such a model with its associated cost premium.
    And I fully agree with you about distracting technology which does little to assist save driving.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fsi View Post
    I like the look of the 206kW TSI turbo 4, but I will not buy one since Skoda in its wisdom are only offering a FWD sedan.
    Perhaps someone from Skoda might like to tell us why there is no AWD sedan option now. I won't ever buy a wagon.
    i don't know which articles u've been reading, but the ones i've read state that the 2.0L 206kW TSI will be an AWD version.
    it will b replacing the once offered 3.6L 190kW TSI AWD.
    all other variants will be FWD only.

whether vw aus allows australians buyers their hands on one.....well, that we have to wait and see.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    i don't know which articles u've been reading, but the ones i've read state that the 2.0L 206kW TSI will be an AWD version.
    it will b replacing the once offered 3.6L 190kW TSI AWD.
    all other variants will be FWD only.

whether vw aus allows australians buyers their hands on one.....well, that we have to wait and see.

Yes DS, a case of wait & see. My information was Skoda Aust will only be offering AWD in its outdoor Wagon. None in the sedan. I hope that is wrong. As stated, I would be happy to have the 2.0L 206kW TSI, but only if it is available with AWD. Given it is the same platform, it is hard to understand why there wouldn't be an AWD sedan. I got the information on a link sent to me. I regret I deleted it when it showed no AWD in sedan models. I'll ask for it to be resent.

Users Country Flag
    All good.
    I'm certainly hoping that vw aus show us mercy and bring the 206kW AWD in sedan/hatch form as I'd b keen on replacing my current rs with one of these babies.

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    All good.
    I'm certainly hoping that vw aus show us mercy and bring the 206kW AWD in sedan/hatch form as I'd b keen on replacing my current rs with one of these babies.
    I'm hearing ya!!!

Even a 170kwish diesel would be nice

Users Country Flag
    Live;

MY13 Kluger KX-S AWD / MY09 308 XSE HDi SW
    MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

YES PLEASE!!! on both fronts!!!

Users Country Flag
    This is the price & options in the link which I referred to earlier DS. It was sent to me by someone wanting me to buy a new Superb.
    The pdf brochure containing this is buried on Skoda Aust's website. Note there is no 4x4 offered in the sedan.

http://s23.postimg.org/72x8ezc63/201...n_pricing1.jpg

It appears Skoda Aust has already stopped offering 4x4 sedans.
    Last edited by 2009fsi; 10-03-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fsi View Post
    This is the price & options in the link which I referred to earlier DS. It was sent to me by someone wanting me to buy a new Superb.
    The pdf brochure containing this is buried on Skoda Aust's website. Note there is no 4x4 offered in the sedan.

It appears Skoda Aust has already stopped offering 4x4 sedans.
    i realise the awd sedan is no longer offered in the current range, but that has been so for while, just like how the v6 awd also disappeared. i don't believe the v6 awd version was ever offered in sedan form ever either!

The pricing and specs of the just revealed Superb is still not known, which is most likely to land on our shores here as MY16, or even MY17 models, depending on how quickly VW Aus pulls their finger.

this is from the Skoda Aus website (which is far from buried) for the current range.......

sedan

wagon
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast