Thread: New Superb Sportline wagon Owner

Users Country Flag

New Superb Sportline wagon Owner

Hi all,

New forum user here, with a new Skoda Superb Sportline Wagon.

I picked the car up about a month ago now - Velvet Red with the virtual cockpit and the standard Sportline 19" wheels.

It certainly offers a nice cruisy drive into the city each day, with a bit of punch when you need it.

I'm 2000km in already, and getting 10 litres per 100 on most trips - a little less if the traffic flows ok, but still averaging around 10 litres per hundred. I know fuel consumption is highly variable depending on traffic conditions etc, but generally would this figure drop by much as the car is run in?

A friend who has an Arteon with the same 206TSI engine is getting some really good economy figures, though his drive is a mix of highway and urban, whereas mine is urban (max of 80kph roads, mostly 70/60 zones though).

I'm also interested to read up about the VCDS tweaks - I see there is a thread for that. I believe its possible to tell the ECU that the engine is in an Audi, and this has some effect on the engine map.

cheers,
    Dean

Hi Dean,

Nice pickup, I have a similar spec.

Fuel consumption depends mostly on your average speed. If I’m sitting in traffic, it can range from 12-13 but on a trip down the motorway I’ll get late 7’s. Overall my average is around 10 so yours sounds normal. I’ve found as I got a few more kms on it the fuel consumption has got a bit better.

Search for OBDeleven you will find a lot of info. I think you are also referring to the Audi throttle map however many people get a ‘pedal box’ to make the throttle pedal feel more responsive.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Excellent - thanks for the info. I'll go read up on OBDeleven vs the Ross Tech HEX-NET device next

cheers,
    Dean

Users Country Flag
    damn.....that's some high mileage u peeps r scoring.
    i'm averaging, with my 162TSi, 8.5 per hundred, and that's me not driving like a granny.
    on highways i get around 6.2 per hundred.

for vcds codings - here is a link to some tried and tested ones.

congrats on the new ride
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

It’s a known fact that the 4x4 doesn’t have as low 6th gear which affects the economy on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro