Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Superb Sportline owner from Brisbane

Admin, move to Skoda Superb tab
    @tigger73
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by HPRS230 View Post
    JB4 is a piggy back tuning tool. Great to keep your new car warranty, just remove before your dealer visit.

Also join Facebook group skodamodderz mate, lots of tuning and mod options for this platform

Burger Motorsports JB4 Performance Tune VW / Audi / Skoda – AutoInstruct

Dyno sheet of the 2 pre set maps, I'm now over 200kw at the wheels with a downpipe with 22psi (stock is about 18psi)

Skoda RS230
    Thanks, might look in to it but I don’t have a lot of desire to mod this one at the moment. Might change my mind eventually

2018 Skoda Superb Sportline Wagon (MY19)

Quote Originally Posted by aratic View Post
    Thanks, might look in to it but I don’t have a lot of desire to mod this one at the moment. Might change my mind eventually

I was like that for a month, then JB4 ann dyno lol
    Check out my timeline below for some easy mods you can do
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Admin, move to Skoda Superb tab
    @tigger73
    Done!

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

I was like that for a month, then JB4 ann dyno lol
    Check out my timeline below for some easy mods you can do
    Yep, I know the feeling. Happened on my last car New Superb Sportline owner from Brisbane

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by aratic View Post
    Thanks ope126 great info, cheers!

What oil do you run in your Superb? I am torn between 502.00 and 504.00 spec

This is a topic that has been discussed in depth within this and many other forums (everyone has an opinion).
    The long and short of it is, ŠKODA servicing schedule is 12mth or 15,000kms (whichever comes first).
    Only you can determine the above by how many kms you actually travel.

Personally with my Superb (and all my previous VAG vehicles) I dealer service at 12mths and replace the oil in addition every alternate 6mths...

As for the oil spec, don't over think it.
    The spec is VW 504 00 / 507 00...

I have been using Castrol Edge 5W-30 LL for as long as it has been available.

This might assist you; EDGE 5W-30 LL | Castrol EDGE - Car Engine Oil | Castrol Australia | Castrol EDGE | Castrol Car Engine Oils | Edge, Magnatec and GTX ranges | Engine Oil | Castrol Australia | Castrol™ Engine Oil & Lubricants - Castrol™ Australia
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    This is a topic that has been discussed in depth within this and many other forums (everyone has an opinion).
    The long and short of it is, ŠKODA servicing schedule is 12mth or 15,000kms (whichever comes first).
    Only you can determine the above by how many kms you actually travel.

Personally with my Superb (and all my previous VAG vehicles) I dealer service at 12mths and replace the oil in addition every alternate 6mths...

As for the oil spec, don't over think it.
    The spec is VW 504 00 / 507 00...

I have been using Castrol Edge 5W-30 LL for as long as it has been available.

This might assist you; EDGE 5W-30 LL | Castrol EDGE - Car Engine Oil | Castrol Australia | Castrol EDGE | Castrol Car Engine Oils | Edge, Magnatec and GTX ranges | Engine Oil | Castrol Australia | CastrolNew Superb Sportline owner from Brisbane Engine Oil & Lubricants - CastrolNew Superb Sportline owner from Brisbane Australia
    Yes, oil is ALWAYS a talking point and I agree everyone has an opinion.

I’ll be doing no more than 10,000km a year.

504.00 seems to be the correct spec however the sticker under the hood says 502.00 can be used which opens options up a bit.

Prefer Castrol so will likely use the Edge LL

Funny you ask this, I'll be doing my half service oil drop in 1000km or so, easy to do at home.

I've got/used Castrol 5w-30 and 5w-40 which I think is 502. Tbh it doesn't really matter if your changing it every 7.5k.

Try and buy the 6L version as the capacity is about 5.7L, some up on special every few months at SCA/Repco etc.

I even bought the oil drain tool as I was damaging the plastic drain plug to much for my liking.

Oil Pan Drain Plug Screw Removal Install tool for T10549 VAG VW Audi Skoda Seat | eBay

Skoda RS230
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Funny you ask this, I'll be doing my half service oil drop in 1000km or so, easy to do at home.

I've got/used Castrol 5w-30 and 5w-40 which I think is 502. Tbh it doesn't really matter if your changing it every 7.5k.

Try and buy the 6L version as the capacity is about 5.7L, some up on special every few months at SCA/Repco etc.

I even bought the oil drain tool as I was damaging the plastic drain plug to much for my liking.

Oil Pan Drain Plug Screw Removal Install tool for T10549 VAG VW Audi Skoda Seat | eBay

Skoda RS230
    Thanks again, good info.

I haven’t decided if I’ll do an oil change between dealer services yet. I did it religiously on my old car but I’ll wait and see on this one. Already it seems that the oil stays pretty clean.

If so, you’re probably right, a 502.00 would be fine with more frequent changes.

Argh, another tool to buy New Superb Sportline owner from Brisbane and a plastic drain plug?! Whhyyyy New Superb Sportline owner from Brisbane*New Superb Sportline owner from Brisbane

Users Country Flag

Would be interested to see what version Sat Nav maps you have, should be P76 ROW 2019...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast