Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Skoda Superb (Gen 3) Deals & Pricing

Users Country Flag

New Skoda Superb (Gen 3) Deals & Pricing

Hi all! I thought I would start this thread to get feedback from you all on the Deals you are all getting. Its very helpful for other people looking to buy one. It helps with negotiating to get the best deals. So if you can post your Spec's and price I'm sure everyone will appreciate it.

Thanks
    Eyes24
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes24 View Post
    Hi all! I thought I would start this thread to get feedback from you all on the Deals you are all getting. Its very helpful for other people looking to buy one. It helps with negotiating to get the best deals. So if you can post your Spec's and price I'm sure everyone will appreciate it.

Thanks
    Eyes24
    Since you stsrted it why dont you share your deal first... that might make others open up.... obviously the date you got the deal also helps

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I have ordered/and received my new Skoda Superb

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Batten View Post
    Since you stsrted it why dont you share your deal first... that might make others open up.... obviously the date you got the deal also helps

I would for sure , but l haven't purchased one yet.I got this idea from one of the Tiguan threads, where everyone is willing to share their deals they got. I got heaps of information on that thread , and was able to get a great price on my 2017 Tiguan RLINE which l just ordered. Which l got 9% off. Now l have to look for new car for work , and l quite like the Skoda superb with tech pack and luxury pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eyes24; 20-04-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Ok.. so the thread name wasnt about you?

Ok.. so the thread name wasnt about you?

Ok.. I will kick it off.... February 2017 --- priced a MY17 Skoda Superb Hatch/Sedan 206 with tech and luxury packs, metallic paint, plus official towbar (the factory swingaway option is not available in australia but an official one is) which has an rrp of $61,930. I offered $56.5k and was quoted a whopping $500 off the rrp with a model sitting on the floor that they "had to get rid of"... After I refused the deal of the century I was told by the sales manager "You obviously cant afford it" which ensured the dealer never got any further in the negotiations.

Rang 2 other dealers located in Brisbane on a Saturday. One has never called me back to this day. The other met my offer within a few hundred dollars with stock landing in Brisbane within 2 weeks that matched my order. No testdrive, no time invested. Easiest Superb sale they made that month I bet and all because someone else was a rude pig.

My understanding of the dealer pricing is that an optioned vehicle (options have higher margins) on standard demand models (ie.. hot models just released where demand exceeds supply will get you little or no negotiations) have up to 10% they can negotiate. The exact percentage will vary depending on make and model. The best time is at the end of the month or end of the quarter where a dealer might negotiate heavily and make little to nothing on a sale if it means it triggers a bonus payment... ie they might take a puny $1000 profit if they hit a $15,000 bonus payment because they sold 15 superbs that month. (Example only)

I know if I was willing to accept a MY16 model I could have got it lower as a few dealers were still holding stock but I chose the MY17. Also, if I accepted a demo I could have got it better again... and a MY16 demo best of all. But I recommend you stay away from the demos... they get flogged senseless and abused... but abuse is a reason to fail warranty claims and abuse prior to your purchase cannot be isolated so when the gearbox fails and warranty is refused that few thousand you saved buying a demo will not mean anything. If i did not get all the options I did then then percentage wise I would not have got the same discount.

As to the car itself... fantastic.... highly recommended...

As you get later in the year my18 will become an option for you which means my17 will become easier to negotiate on.

Ok.. I will kick it off.... February 2017 --- priced a MY17 Skoda Superb Hatch/Sedan 206 with tech and luxury packs, metallic paint, plus official towbar (the factory swingaway option is not available in australia but an official one is) which has an rrp of $61,930. I offered $56.5k and was quoted a whopping $500 off the rrp with a model sitting on the floor that they "had to get rid of"... After I refused the deal of the century I was told by the sales manager "You obviously cant afford it" which ensured the dealer never got any further in the negotiations.

Rang 2 other dealers located in Brisbane on a Saturday. One has never called me back to this day. The other met my offer within a few hundred dollars with stock landing in Brisbane within 2 weeks that matched my order. No testdrive, no time invested. Easiest Superb sale they made that month I bet and all because someone else was a rude pig.

My understanding of the dealer pricing is that an optioned vehicle (options have higher margins) on standard demand models (ie.. hot models just released where demand exceeds supply will get you little or no negotiations) have up to 10% they can negotiate. The exact percentage will vary depending on make and model. The best time is at the end of the month or end of the quarter where a dealer might negotiate heavily and make little to nothing on a sale if it means it triggers a bonus payment... ie they might take a puny $1000 profit if they hit a $15,000 bonus payment because they sold 15 superbs that month. (Example only)

I know if I was willing to accept a MY16 model I could have got it lower as a few dealers were still holding stock but I chose the MY17. Also, if I accepted a demo I could have got it better again... and a MY16 demo best of all. But I recommend you stay away from the demos... they get flogged senseless and abused... but abuse is a reason to fail warranty claims and abuse prior to your purchase cannot be isolated so when the gearbox fails and warranty is refused that few thousand you saved buying a demo will not mean anything. If i did not get all the options I did then then percentage wise I would not have got the same discount.

As to the car itself... fantastic.... highly recommended...

Thanks for your input, l wonder what the lead times are like if you order. The bloody tiguans Rlines are like 6-8 months.

As you get later in the year my18 will become an option for you which means my17 will become easier to negotiate on.

Going to aim for 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes24 View Post
    Going to aim for 10%

Good luck... what model you looking at ?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast