Support VWWC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How could the Superb Wagon be better?

What the heck is a speed limiter anyway?
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

Users Country Flag
    Urban speed limiter... the trucks I sell have it.

Basically, using the same functions as the cruise control, you can dial up a speed, as you can with the cruise, and you can drive around without worrying that you are going to exceed the set speed, unless its an 'emergency situation', in which case pressing the accelerator pedal down so hard it activates the kickdown detent...

Quite handy in town, set it for 50kph or 60kph, and basically, unless you are up it for the rent/activate kick down, it wont go over the pre-determined speed.

Sounds dangerous to me I would not be ordering one.
    Do people actually have so little confidence in their driving ability or are so paranoid about fines that they actually use things like this?
    Last edited by K1W1; 18-06-2010 at 08:18 PM.
    My Škoda photos here

What are you on about???

Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    This!
    No one wants to pay more for a brand that is seen as the budget alternative everywhere else in the world.
    Skoda UK has earned a reputation of being better value for money than it's VW and Audi equivalent, in fact they have outclassed Passat, Tiguan and Jetta in most German comparisons.

To state that they are a budget brand is seriously inaccurate and quite embarrassing for you as far as general credibility goes.

The mere fact that they on Top Gear "Luxury" COTY, beating out awesome machines like E Class Merc, is a huge indicator that they are no longer a poor mans alternative, in fact anyone who has even sat in one wouldn't make a such a silly comment.

I personally have been very critical of both the pricing and the approach in the local market but i now see they have got the message. 50% of the equation is price, they have signaled that the current line up will be sharper in pricing for MY11, even more so than the MY10 revised prices, this coupled with the added extra's e.g. RS standard with sat nav, will see them grow as planned.

If they head in this direction it maybe a very good end to 2010, time will tell!!

Quote Originally Posted by RSwag View Post
    ....they have signaled that the current line up will be sharper in pricing for MY11, even more so than the MY10 revised prices,
    Where/when/how was this signalled, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Swuzzlebubble View Post
    Where/when/how was this signalled, please?
    I read this in goauto i think but it was a Yeti article or Fabia and then touched on all the models and what lies ahead. They talked about a 1.4ltr Octavia which had a "rumored" starting price of 21,990 for the manual before on roads, it also talked about the Fabia.

I think it is all reasonably self evident though, the RS has been reduced by $1,000 per model and sat nav made standard for MY11 models, thats a total of $3,500 to $4,000 better than MY10. The Superb wagon and the Twin door have leather and sat nav standard now for MT11, add the price reduction on the twin door of $1,000 to this its around $6,500 cheaper for MY11. The wagon is around $3,000 more but it has Park Assist as standard and has also had a $1,000 price reduction since it was announced in Jan.

My curiosity lies with the 1.4 Octavia and an intent to bring it in for $21,990 starter, this would bring them onto the Oz market in a big way and get them front and centre for the upcoming Yeti Fabia launch

It is the direction they need to go into to have any chance. As we have seen from vfacts they are in all sorts of trouble at almost half of last years sales volume with a line up that is twice as big and arguably 3 times better, more standard features, cheaper pricing and more visually appealing.

OK thanks.

No problem with them providing a lower entry point if that is what it takes to get more sales volume.
    But my point for this topic is really that I reckon the top of range model could be higher specc'd.

Skoda here really should be aiming with these to be compared to Merc, Volvo, etc (as they often are in UK/EU).
    Most comparisons here seem to compare them to Holden, Ford, Mazda.

Quote Originally Posted by RSwag View Post
    I think it is all reasonably self evident though, the RS has been reduced by $1,000 per model and sat nav made standard for MY11 models, thats a total of $3,500 to $4,000 better than MY10. The Superb Combi and the Twindoor have leather and sat nav standard now for MY11, add the price reduction on the twin door of $1,000 to this its around $6,500 cheaper for MY11. The wagon is around $3,000 more but it has Park Assist as standard and has also had a $1,000 price reduction since it was announced in Jan.
    Is it all Superbs now that have leather/sat-nav standard? I thought it was just the Elegance model. I'd also like to see when Skoda Aus is going to publish all of this info as well, us owners need to be kept in the know! I'd love to see an Octavia Lauren and Klement edition - it incorporates most of the options list into the standard equipment list.
    Mine: Silver 2006 Volkswagen Golf Sportline 2.0FSI 6M (with a sunroof)
    Parents': Candy White 2008 Skoda Octavia RS 2.0TFSI 6M Liftback

Quote Originally Posted by Jake02 View Post
    II'd also like to see when Skoda Aus is going to publish all of this info as well, us owners need to be kept in the know!
    I don't see why current owners need to be kept in the know about pricing and specs on new models.
    As far as publishing the info like all manufacturers of anything Skoda are not going to publicise price reductions or model upgrades until the last possible moment otherwise they will end up sitting on unsold stock in showrooms and have to have a fire sale to quit it. Have you ever seen anybody say don't buy what is on sale today because in a months time we will have something better and cheaper?
    My Škoda photos here

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    I don't see why current owners need to be kept in the know about pricing and specs on new models.
    As far as publishing the info like all manufacturers of anything Skoda are not going to publicise price reductions or model upgrades until the last possible moment otherwise they will end up sitting on unsold stock in showrooms and have to have a fire sale to quit it. Have you ever seen anybody say don't buy what is on sale today because in a months time we will have something better and cheaper?
    KIWI, is there anything I say on this forum that you like!? WE are the fanbase for Skoda Australia, WE are the ones who know who good they are, WE are the ones who put money and took the risk into these cars knowing full well that the company could leave Australia and I think it is WE who should be kept up to date on this sort of information. If you are one of those 'car buffs' like I am, it's even more relevant, adding to our database, as such, of automotive knowledge. I also meant I'd like to be kept in the know when this actually happens. Before, Skoda Australia has actually changed specs without a word until one of us on here flagged it to the rest of us. When these MY11 models arrive, I surely hope that they announce it publicly because then people will listen!

AND YES I'm aware of the current stock vs updated stock issue, but as you always suggest, stock (or lack of) is one of Skoda Australia's problems so I'm sure that'll sort itself out sooner or later.
    Mine: Silver 2006 Volkswagen Golf Sportline 2.0FSI 6M (with a sunroof)
    Parents': Candy White 2008 Skoda Octavia RS 2.0TFSI 6M Liftback

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast