Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gen 3 206kw - resonator delete?

gen 3 206kw - resonator delete?

Hey guys,

Has anyone done a resonator delete on their superb 206kw?

I'm considering.

Will call some places around Sydney for quotes/info.

Any recommendations or considerations?

Thanks

I had my resonator deleted on my Golf. Any muffler shop can do it for under $200. Just replace the resonator with a straight pipe.
    Sounds so much better without being annoying.

Users Country Flag
    I don't know how the Superb's exhaust is setup, but if it's similar to the Arteon - don't delete the resonator.

I deleted it in my Arteon and ended up putting it back in. I got over it pretty quickly.

By contrast, I know in the Golf R's, and also my friends Audi S3 - deleting the resonator produced an awesome sound. In the Arteon though (same engine, different exhaust system), it barely made any difference (because of the dual mufflers at the back, instead of the single large muffler on the Golf R and S3), and during a certain spot in the rev range, it sounded like someone rattling a tin can.

Sounding like a late 90's Nissan Pulsar with a straight pipe wasn't my goal. So I put it back in and I'm happy to have the factory quietness back.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Also just FYI - my guy charged me $140 to delete the resonator and fabricate the stainless steel pipe section to replace it, including the new bracket to bolt it up. And it was $50 to put the resonator back in.

Pics here: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ml#post1257788
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Hey Dream,

Great point! I'm glad you mentioned something, as I think the 206superb has very similar exhaust to the Arteon - by some quick google image searching.

Hmmmm..... I wanted some sound improvements but didn't really want to do the whole thing over.

Anyone with direct superb 206 experience?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by yeders View Post
    Great point! I'm glad you mentioned something, as I think the 206superb has very similar exhaust to the Arteon - by some quick google image searching.
    yup - the Arteon and Passat 206 exhaust setup will be almost identical to ur Superb.
    don't compare to the Golf.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    yup - the Arteon and Passat 206 exhaust setup will be almost identical to ur Superb.
    don't compare to the Golf.
    Here are some excellent pictures of the ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 exhaust system; SKODA SUPERB (Sedan + Wagon) 4x4 2.0 TSI (280 Hp) 2015 ->, Skoda, exhaust systems

A shame you did not like the sound.

I am looking very closely into this now also...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    considering the same for my 206 wagon.
    The supersprint looks very neat with the quad tips. have you priced up the full system fitted?

Users Country Flag
    Here is the Supersprint Exhaust in action... YouTube

I wonder how the sound compares DreamensioN's previous experience?

Rough price $8,000.

No thanks!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Hey lads, anybody found a simple mod to get some kind of nice note out of a 206 wagon yet?
    Looking for something for my passat wagon, nothing loud just a little more sound.
    A bit of extra flow couldn’t hurt either!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast