Support VWWC

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Battery / Electrical Problems

Hi ope126,

Can I clarify?

Your car comes only with 3 yrs warranty but you get it replace since still within 3 yrs warranty?
    or you have extended warranty up to 5yrs?
    Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bego9 View Post
    Hi ope126,

Can I clarify?

Your car comes only with 3 yrs warranty but you get it replace since still within 3 yrs warranty?
    or you have extended warranty up to 5yrs?
    Thanks
    Not rocket science mate, my car has a 5yr warranty!!!

Applies to all sold after Jan 1 2017...

5 Year Unlimited Kilometre New Vehicle WarrantyTerms and Conditions
    The warranties set out in these General Warranty Terms and Conditions are given by Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Limited ABN 14 093 117 876 trading as ŠKODA Australia (ŠKODA Australia) of 24 Muir Road, Chullora NSW 2190, and applies to new ŠKODA vehicles sold after 1 January 2017. Please read this document carefully. It describes what is included in the 5 Year Unlimited Kilometre New Vehicle Warranty, what is not covered by the warranty (either by reference to types of claims or the period of time during which an issue may arise) and a consumer’s rights which continue to apply under the Australian Consumer Law. You may contact us by email on hello@myskoda.com.au or by phone on 1800 607 540
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Not rocket science mate, my car has a 5yr warranty!!!

Applies to all sold after Jan 1 2017...

5 Year Unlimited Kilometre New Vehicle WarrantyTerms and Conditions
    The warranties set out in these General Warranty Terms and Conditions are given by Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Limited ABN 14 093 117 876 trading as ŠKODA Australia (ŠKODA Australia) of 24 Muir Road, Chullora NSW 2190, and applies to new ŠKODA vehicles sold after 1 January 2017. Please read this document carefully. It describes what is included in the 5 Year Unlimited Kilometre New Vehicle Warranty, what is not covered by the warranty (either by reference to types of claims or the period of time during which an issue may arise) and a consumer’s rights which continue to apply under the Australian Consumer Law. You may contact us by email on hello@myskoda.com.au or by phone on 1800 607 540
    That is intesting. So my battery has definitely died today. My car is second hand car with 5 years warranty. The car was first registered on 07/04/2017.
    I called the Skoda road side assist (Allianz), and the bloke shows up and says, yup, battery dead but I need to check the warranty claim. After a phone call he says nope, your car has 3YRS warranty + 2YRS Extended warranty with the dealer. I told him I don't like that so we called the Skoda Road assist again, the guy had no clue so had to speak to his supervisor, and they said they will not cover it as it's out of 3years of the manufacturers warranty.

So I will be calling Skoda CBD Service tomorrow but I'm already parting myself from my ~450$... Any ideas ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vajnorcan View Post
    That is intesting. So my battery has definitely died today. My car is second hand car with 5 years warranty. The car was first registered on 07/04/2017.
    I called the Skoda road side assist (Allianz), and the bloke shows up and says, yup, battery dead but I need to check the warranty claim. After a phone call he says nope, your car has 3YRS warranty + 2YRS Extended warranty with the dealer. I told him I don't like that so we called the Skoda Road assist again, the guy had no clue so had to speak to his supervisor, and they said they will not cover it as it's out of 3years of the manufacturers warranty.

So I will be calling Skoda CBD Service tomorrow but I'm already parting myself from my ~450$... Any ideas ?
    I can not comment on your experience, only mine.
    I was in for service, battery tested poorly and they replaced it under warranty. No question...

One thing is for certain, Roadside Assist would not provide you with a Genuine Battery.
    So out of curiosity, what brand / specs did they replace with?
    Based on the cost they charged you, sound like they gave you an AGM. That is good!

I don't think your local dealer would be able to help you, I would suggest; "You may contact us by email on hello@myskoda.com.au or by phone on 1800 607 540".
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    I can not comment on your experience, only mine.
    I was in for service, battery tested poorly and they replaced it under warranty. No question...

One thing is for certain, Roadside Assist would not provide you with a Genuine Battery.
    So out of curiosity, what brand / specs did they replace with?
    Based on the cost they charged you, sound like they gave you an AGM. That is good!

I don't think your local dealer would be able to help you, I would suggest; "You may contact us by email on hello@myskoda.com.au or by phone on 1800 607 540".
    Thanks for the tip, I will try my best to get this done while not footing the bill, 5yrs warranty it is and I see you guys got it replaced no problem.

Yes, I was curious about that too so I took a photo of what was supposed to be a replacement battery, but it seems like I can't upload it via mobile phone on this forum.

Brand: Delkor
    Type: AGM
    Number: LN3 570 901 076
    Made in: South Korea

Are AGMs that superior to EFBs? I thought only the latter was the one to use, but I'm def no expert here, hence on the forum. Thanks
    Last edited by vajnorcan; 23-05-2020 at 07:11 AM.

AGM is better than EFB, according to the battery shop.
    According to the shop, he was surprised that my skoda superb use EFB.
    His guide said to use AGM.

Yours has 2 yrs extended from dealer.
    So you won't get support if you call skoda assist. You need to go back to the dealer. Then you need to find out if battery is part of their warranty.

If I'm not mistaken or misheard, Delkor EFB $299 battery 660-680cca, install and program.
    Varta AGM E39 $488 750cca.
    From the battery shop quote.
    Hope it helps.

Users Country Flag
    ...Yours has 2 yrs extended from dealer.
    I bought it second hand. This extended warranty is specific dealer only or Skoda Dealer (any)?

...install and program.
    I thought it would be as simple as a swap battery and job done. What kind of 'programming' needs to be done? Seems like I'm like an old dinosaur coming from my 2006 Liberty Wagon

Users Country Flag
    my car was registered June 2017 - warranty period is 5 Years "Extended Warranty".

sounds like 3 + 2 warranty situation here. 3 yrs manufacturer and 2 yrs dealer.

Battery / Electrical Problems-imag4748-jpg

Battery / Electrical Problems-screenshot_20200524-092254~2-jpg
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 24-05-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    AGM is better than EFB, according to the battery shop.
    According to the shop, he was surprised that my skoda superb use EFB.
    His guide said to use AGM.

Yours has 2 yrs extended from dealer.
    So you won't get support if you call skoda assist. You need to go back to the dealer. Then you need to find out if battery is part of their warranty.

If I'm not mistaken or misheard, Delkor EFB $299 battery 660-680cca, install and program.
    Varta AGM E39 $488 750cca.
    From the battery shop quote.
    Hope it helps.
    No Superb has an AGM fitted standard, even the Diesel's (my Passat has an AGM Battery).
    But yes, Aftermarket they will certainly be pushing an AGM 9 in his guide), more $$$ in it for them.

Not sure where your going regarding a 2yr extended dealer warranty?

Here is the link; ŠKODA 5 Year Warranty | Owners | ŠKODA Australia

5 Year Unlimited Kilometer New Vehicle Warranty (it does not make mention of a 3yr Manufacturers Warranty + 2yr Dealer Warranty).

Either way, no biggie. I get my car serviced at ŠKODA, so no issues for me...

As for the battery I had replaced, happy day. I did not have to pay a cent!!! Simple...

Users Country Flag

Ok, so I've called Skoda Australia, they confirmed that Allianz is not paying for batteries if over 3yrs, but the battery will be changed at no cost at any service center. She also mentioned that this applied only if the battery hasn't been changed before.
    So I've called Brisbane City Skoda and I've explained the situation and they booked me in in 3 days. So far it seems like either if you have 3 + 2 or 5 yrs warranty the battery is part of the warranty for the full 5 years.
    I will keep you posted

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast