Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Battery / Electrical Problems

Users Country Flag

MY2017 battery changed today by Roadside assistance under warranty. It was purchased in March 2017.
    Delkor AGM

Users Country Flag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amjob View Post
    MY2017 battery changed today by Roadside assistance under warranty. It was purchased in March 2017.
    Delkor AGM
    That's fkn hilarious. April 2017 was the first registration of mine but it was handled differently, what a mess. Even though I'm booked for the replacement, I still have to travel 40km to get this done ...

Btw, where are you located?
    Last edited by vajnorcan; 25-05-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vajnorcan View Post
    That's fkn hilarious. April 2017 was the first registration of mine but it was handled differently, what a mess. Even though I'm booked for the replacement, I still have to travel 40km to get this done ...
    My apologies, it was registered in 08/2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amjob View Post
    My apologies, it was registered in 08/2017
    Ok, that explains it, still within 3yrs. good on you, I wish my battery died a month ago

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    No Superb has an AGM fitted standard, even the Diesel's (my Passat has an AGM Battery).
    Not entirely true. A friend of mine has a 2017 Superb and it has a Varta AGM battery 7P0 915 105 the exact same battery as my 2017 B8 Passat.

Not so sure AGM’s are that much tougher. Mine is showing signs of wear after 3 years. Odd things were happening like the heated steering wheel turning itself on after cranking on a cold morning but for most part performing well.

I bought one of those batttery monitors BM2. The other morning it showed 8.9v on the crank test.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky 32 View Post
    Not entirely true. A friend of mine has a 2017 Superb and it has a Varta AGM battery 7P0 915 105 the exact same battery as my 2017 B8 Passat.

Not so sure AGM’s are that much tougher. Mine is showing signs of wear after 3 years. Odd things were happening like the heated steering wheel turning itself on after cranking on a cold morning but for most part performing well.

I bought one of those batttery monitors BM2. The other morning it showed 8.9v on the crank test.
    When people use the term AGM, they don’t refer to the brand, it’s not the brand. The AGM is short for Absorbed Glass Mat construction of the battery. Where EFB states for the Enhanced Flooded Battery, which is a compromise, and cheap alternative to AGM style batteries. The EFB is nothing more than glorified wet lead acid old technology battery with a bit stronger internals than standard lead acid batteries.

The biggest life reducer of your AGM battery is the stop start system. Get rid off the stop start and your battery life should extend dramatically.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky 32 View Post

You live in Ireland.

We are in Australia. So my reference is to the Australian market...

Heated Steering wheels are not even an option here...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    When people use the term AGM, they don’t refer to the brand, it’s not the brand. The AGM is short for Absorbed Glass Mat construction of the battery. Where EFB states for the Enhanced Flooded Battery, which is a compromise, and cheap alternative to AGM style batteries. The EFB is nothing more than glorified wet lead acid old technology battery with a bit stronger internals than standard lead acid batteries.

The biggest life reducer of your AGM battery is the stop start system. Get rid off the stop start and your battery life should extend dramatically.
    I know exactly what an AGM battery is , i’m trying to figure out the point of your post and where i suggested AGM was a brand?

Users Country Flag

The car originated from the UK. The Skoda doesn’t have a heated steering wheel it’s fairly standard car no special extras no heated seats etc even though it still came with an AGM battery

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567