Thread: 70+ days off the road waiting for roof liner

Users Country Flag

70+ days off the road waiting for roof liner

So I have a Superb that has been meticulously looked after, serviced since day dot and whilst in for its yearly service found an issue with the sunroof drains that has caused $2000 damage. Who would have thought not using the panoramic roof would cause that damage? To me it is a design floor but good luck proving it. Skoda agreed to pay 1/2 cost of parts which is bugger all and I foot the other $1700. Well my car has now been at the dealership for 70+ days waiting for the roof liner to come from Germany. I have had more arrival dates than hot dinners during that time and have no faith in the latest installation date.

They won't put my car back together because it is too labour intensive, they eventually gave me a loan car after 55 odd days.

What would you do in this scenario? What action would you take? What are my options? The dealer is not going to offer a discount, I suspect Skoda Australia will run and hide behind a tree.

For your info it is a 2011/12?? Skoda Superb 118TDi fully decked out with only 58,000kms.

At the moment if I had known that their after sales service was so pathetic I would never have left Lexus. This goes beyong the pale.
    2011 Superb Wagon Elegance 1.8TSI Storm Blue with: KESSY, 18" sports pack, panoramic roof, false floor, 3 spoke paddle shift, electric tailgate, MDI, blinds, tow bar, privacy glass, bluetooth and reversing camera

Geeze something has definitely gone awry there, it should arrive in a fortnight max I would think. VAG do have issues occasionally with shortages of them, but haven't heard of that for nearly 2 yrs now.

First things first, are there any service requirements on the roof drains, some cars with sun roofs have specified service procedures for the drains as they are always a problem. If there is then obviously it was not done properly and you should have some recourse avenues open to you.

Users Country Flag
    I would have had one of many automotive re-trimmers in Melbourne re-do the roof lining for me at a much more sensible cost and timeframe.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Yeah I wasn't gonna mention the blocked drain route as you didn't mention it. But I know many dealers tick that box and don't clean the drains at all and its really important. They could always argue something blocked it in the 12mths since so a hard one to say. But I know for sure they virtually never do it as it's come up so many times in my family with cars and blocked drains that are garaged and clearly never been cleaned out properly. When I had an aftermarket one put in years back that place used to service them free for lifetime as it wasn't worth the issues and bad rep if something was to happen.

And yes Ozsko, its an specific item listed on every service checklist, but they often blindly check them all off without reading, I've had things checked that my car doesn't even have

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    Yeah I wasn't gonna mention the blocked drain route as you didn't mention it. But I know many dealers tick that box and don't clean the drains at all and its really important. They could always argue something blocked it in the 12mths since so a hard one to say. But I know for sure they virtually never do it as it's come up so many times in my family with cars and blocked drains that are garaged and clearly never been cleaned out properly. When I had an aftermarket one put in years back that place used to service them free for lifetime as it wasn't worth the issues and bad rep if something was to happen.

And yes Ozsko, its an specific item listed on every service checklist, but they often blindly check them all off without reading, I've had things checked that my car doesn't even have
    I wrote a letter of demand to Skoda on Sunday. They called me on Tuesday to find out what was happening. This morning, Thursday, I just received a call from the dealership saying Skoda will be putting my car back together again until the part arrives. Skoda will also be covering all costs for parts and labour for the entire repair. This is nearly $2000 worth and should not be sneezed at. Although late I do appreciate the gesture. I am just glad to get my car back
    2011 Superb Wagon Elegance 1.8TSI Storm Blue with: KESSY, 18" sports pack, panoramic roof, false floor, 3 spoke paddle shift, electric tailgate, MDI, blinds, tow bar, privacy glass, bluetooth and reversing camera

A belated good result but the dealer was the problem not pushing it hard enough with Skoda.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by spaz74 View Post
    I wrote a letter of demand to Skoda on Sunday. They called me on Tuesday to find out what was happening. This morning, Thursday, I just received a call from the dealership saying Skoda will be putting my car back together again until the part arrives. Skoda will also be covering all costs for parts and labour for the entire repair. This is nearly $2000 worth and should not be sneezed at. Although late I do appreciate the gesture. I am just glad to get my car back
    That's great at least now your dealer is doing something.

What I learn is that they should unblocked it every time as per service which mine has a leak at the front driver's A-Pillar (via the drain tube) . Check your fuse box as mine has been oxidized by the water where luckily did not damage the comfort module (controlling lights and memory seats).
    There are 4 drain holes (at 4 corners) front and back. You can check the drainage (drain rate) by parking incline or decline the vehicle with the sunroof opened. Then squirt some water around the drain holes (front are located the corner in the drain track. If they still build up (in the internal track or around drain hole) take it back to the dealers as the drain hose which can either be kinked or blocked inside the A-pillar.

I have not been able to check the rear drain holes as they are hiding underneath the fixed glass panel.

Have fun!
    Audi A4 B9(8W) AVANT Quattro 2.0 TFSI
    SOLD - Skoda 2012(MY12) 125 Tdi Superb Wagon, KESSY, Power tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof