Page 189 of 222 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2212

Thread: What did you do to your Mk5 today?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zillar32 View Post
    Yeah, any ideas on what to buy and how to fit them?
    I've seen these: exLED VolksWagen Jetta(5th)/Golf(5th) Front Turn-Signal & DRL Power LED Modules with Controller (pair)

And these: VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 5 LED TECHNIK | Products | POGEA RACING

Yeah, any ideas on what to buy and how to fit them?
    A guy I follow on Instagram just did it. He drilled a hole in the back, then filed the rest of the way. He inserted a LED light strip He bought off eBay & earthed it. That way when ever the car was on, they were on. Then He taped the back of it back up leaving a breather for the hot air to escape. Sounds really "budget" & a bit tacky, but the look from the outside was great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Mk5 today?-led-lights-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by lexnic86 View Post
    A guy I follow on Instagram just did it. He drilled a hole in the back, then filed the rest of the way. He inserted a LED light strip He bought off eBay & earthed it. That way when ever the car was on, they were on. Then He taped the back of it back up leaving a breather for the hot air to escape. Sounds really "budget" & a bit tacky, but the look from the outside was great!
    Yeah it sort of does look a bit ****, the post above that one looks good.

Users Country Flag

What did you do to your Mk5 today?

Took my Audi tts engine cover off because I'm not a fan of the 4 rings, decided rip the rings off and get the bog out.

Just have to do a final sand, then it's ready to be cleaned and primed ready for paint What did you do to your Mk5 today?

Users Country Flag
    Fitted a GTI instrument cluster facia to the TDI's cluster and I had another flat bottom steering wheel with ST2 paddles on it that I put on (don't think I like them).

Before

What did you do to your Mk5 today?-img_2949_zpsjpnqxlx6-jpg

After

What did you do to your Mk5 today?-img_2952_zpskgd7xbza-jpg
    MKV Sportsline Soot Belcher
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by asa572 View Post
    Fitted a GTI instrument cluster facia to the TDI's cluster and I had another flat bottom steering wheel with ST2 paddles on it that I put on (don't think I like them).

Before

What did you do to your Mk5 today?-img_2949_zpsjpnqxlx6-jpg

After

What did you do to your Mk5 today?-img_2952_zpskgd7xbza-jpg
    I wanted to keep my paddle extensions black like the interior. These are mine

I would've liked just black plastic without the carbon fibre look, but couldn't find any

Users Country Flag
    I installed these when I had my Mark V GTWhat did you do to your Mk5 today?-img_0398-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by milldinho View Post

I would've liked just black plastic without the carbon fibre look, but couldn't find any

I don't mind the look as they match the silver bezels on the cluster, they just make it feel cluttered.
    I will try them for a bit and see if they grow on me.
    MKV Sportsline Soot Belcher
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by milldinho View Post

Are they from eBay? I brought a set from aliexpress, waiting for them, is the adhesive strong?

Users Country Flag

Are they from eBay? I brought a set from aliexpress, waiting for them, is the adhesive strong?
    Yes they are from eBay, only $18, not the best adhesive, ended up coming off on a really hot day, so I did my own with strong double sided tape can't fault them now

Page 189 of 222 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast