Page 220 of 222 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2212

Thread: What did you do to your Mk5 today?

Quote Originally Posted by sebas_thefish View Post
    Installed the ECS stage 1 rear stress bar and a set of DLI-TEKNIK upper engine mounts.

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge
    Nice, notice much of an improvement?

Edit : just looked up the price... Not cheap for a piece of steel and some eyelets!! I imagine the shipping would really add to the overall price though

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by adey88; 08-08-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by adey88 View Post
    Nice, notice much of an improvement?

Edit : just looked up the price... Not cheap for a piece of steel and some eyelets!! I imagine the shipping would really add to the overall price though

Yeah it feels great. Overall price wasn't too bad. When you compare it to some of the alternatives it's cheap. I also wanted one that didn't render the entire hatch passthrough space useless.

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge
    .:Mk5 R32

Users Country Flag
    I replaced the control arm bushes and the central mount in the subframe.
    Everything I read online said it was going to be a total PITA, but it really was not that hard at all.

Removing and pressing the mounts took about 35min once I had it on the bench.
    What did you do to your Mk5 today?-img20220917135439-jpg
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    New front struts

I learned how to tap a thread, I really wish I had never had to. Top tip - if reusing bolts make sure you clean the threads.

What did you do to your Mk5 today?-img20221001145636-jpg
    That bearing was toast.

What did you do to your Mk5 today?-img20221002121119-jpg
    Looks silly before the strut was primed.

Total silence when turning and speed bumps are fun again.
    Last edited by JustCruisn; 02-10-2022 at 06:06 PM.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by davidorama View Post
    Still plugging away in the Golf Mk 5 ... COVID and the hectic post COVID lifestyle has meant that I've had little time to anything except drive the little beggar... I mistakingly tried to brighten my headlights further by polishing... this time with a no scratch scourer... idiot... to had had to then buy a buffing pad for my drill and finish the headlights again. Here's the new before (after scourer) and after buffing with the same Maguires plastic polishing cream. They look better than ever.
    Attachment 53918Attachment 53919
    Heya @davidorama What did you do to your Mk5 today?

I have found using a rubbing compound with elbow grease and a high Deet insect repellent has done the job for my headlights. It's not lifelong though or I'd even be happy with getting 2 years out of my headlights. What did you do to your Mk5 today?

I live in the tropical far north of Australia, so I expect some oxidation but my 06 Jetta's headlights to keep clear are an 6-12 month job. I'm going to take the plunge and use the light wet sand and buff polish approach now. What did you do to your Mk5 today?

Would you mind explaining the process you took with your Golf MK5 headlights? Did you sand them back before a buff?

Is the Maguire's cream called 'Plastix' by chance? I'm hoping we have available here in Australia. What did you do to your Mk5 today?

Thanks in advance

@sairmckee What did you do to your Mk5 today?

Some tidy looking cars here, you guys keep me inspired.
    Thanks heaps for all the valuable info and links posted here.
    I've just completed a major overhaul of my 2L fsi after snapping the timing chain. Then the clutch went... How good a job did I do on the engine ?🙂🙃 Clutch sorted. Happy to have it going, an engine light to sort out and of course a bit bumpy at idle.

Users Country Flag
    decided i'll probably keep my mk5 and run it into the ground, decided to step up to the 034 stage2+ tune
    miles ahead of the bluefin stage2 i was running previously

cw.mkv.gti.034ms,s2+

Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    decided i'll probably keep my mk5 and run it into the ground, decided to step up to the 034 stage2+ tune
    miles ahead of the bluefin stage2 i was running previously
    Interesting... I've been running my bluefin stg2 for over 5 years now. Did you just go with a hpfp and new tune?

Users Country Flag
    ^same i've been on the bluefin stage2 since 2016, hit them up recently for some troubleshooting and realised they'd changed hands and refused to help unless i paid them again for a 'new tune'
    snagged the 034 hpfp upgrade on special and picked up tune locally, flashed to stage 1 on the 034 for ****s and giggles
    stage 1 felt the same as i remember the bluefin was
    stage 2 has a much more linear curve compared to the bluefin and doesn't have a dropoff after 4500rpm like the bluefin did
    stage 2+ seems to shift the whole torque curve 1000rpm or so and peaks a little higher at 4000rpm and carries it

cw.mkv.gti.034ms,s2+

Users Country Flag

I replaced the in tank fuel pump as the gauge on the dash was showing empty for the last week.
    The pump itself was quick and easy to replace, taking out the back seat was the time consuming part.
    Best bit was collecting $1.25 in change
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold

Page 220 of 222 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222 LastLast