Support VWWC

Page 215 of 222 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2212

Thread: What did you do to your Mk5 today?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    hi mate

i have the same hard shifting, do you mind saying where you got the mounts please and if its a hard job to do or not, thanks in advance…
    Supercheap Auto, mail order free shipping.
    Mackay Engine Mount - A7105 | Supercheap Auto
    Mackay Engine Mount - A7091 | Supercheap Auto

It took about 3hrs.
    The trans mount takes the most time as airbox, battery and battery tray need to be removed.
    Be careful when jacking up the trans side as the bottom black area is very soft, best to jack near the flywheel.
    Getting things to line up to the new mount took some time, but the mount has a hole that allows for a rather large screwdriver to fit through and lever the bastard into place while you tighten the bolts with your 3rd hand.
    I had to drive the front wheels on some wood blocks to lift enough to get my trolley jack under the engine, ramps or stands would put it too high to work on top side, as I'm a short ass.

I reused the bolts, could not work out exactly what bolts are needed and where to get them easily at a decent price, I did assume they would come with the mount but did not.
    For a 15year old car I did not give too much of a **** really.
    If someone can find them for less than a few bucks each I'll think about swapping them over.

Dogbone mount could probably be done at the same time, I didn't bother.

Gearbox issues is not resolved, it clunked into Reverse yesterday morning again. Drives sweet other than that, noises doing into the driveway that I though were suspension related have vanished too.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    Supercheap Auto, mail order free shipping.
    Mackay Engine Mount - A7105 | Supercheap Auto
    Mackay Engine Mount - A7091 | Supercheap Auto

It took about 3hrs.
    The trans mount takes the most time as airbox, battery and battery tray need to be removed.
    Be careful when jacking up the trans side as the bottom black area is very soft, best to jack near the flywheel.
    Getting things to line up to the new mount took some time, but the mount has a hole that allows for a rather large screwdriver to fit through and lever the bastard into place while you tighten the bolts with your 3rd hand.
    I had to drive the front wheels on some wood blocks to lift enough to get my trolley jack under the engine, ramps or stands would put it too high to work on top side, as I'm a short ass.

I reused the bolts, could not work out exactly what bolts are needed and where to get them easily at a decent price, I did assume they would come with the mount but did not.
    For a 15year old car I did not give too much of a **** really.
    If someone can find them for less than a few bucks each I'll think about swapping them over.

Dogbone mount could probably be done at the same time, I didn't bother.

Gearbox issues is not resolved, it clunked into Reverse yesterday morning again. Drives sweet other than that, noises doing into the driveway that I though were suspension related have vanished too.
    I did my mounts a few years back and used new bolts. Nearly had a heart attack at the VW spare parts counter. From memory they were close to $80 or so. Supposedly the stretch bolts are one use only.

I've used other stretch bolts multiple times so I'm sure you'll be fine What did you do to your Mk5 today?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    thanks mate, appreciate the link and detailed response...

however after your final statement I think I've just saved myself some money and time. thanks for the honest feedback...

Users Country Flag
    I asked my mechanic about the gearbox issues
    Here is his response
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanAutos
    I have seen converter failures in other models where the lock up clutch lining can fail (come loose ) and it has jammed itself for a bit which is rather like trying to changer gears or pulling up to lights without pushing the clutch in with a manual.
    They can sometimes store a fault in the transmission for this as they monitor shaft speed and there are times when shaft input shaft speed = 0 rpm whilst engine = idle speed.
    I am going to presume it hasn’t developed any transmission oil leaks as low fluid level can cause shift issues.
    Can’t be anymore precise than that but usually these transmission are reliable in the cars and troublesome in the Transporters because of weight difference.

Regards
    Laurence
    In my situation, no oil leaks, and no codes via VCDS scan.
    I'm not rushing to spend money on diagnostics, the car is 15years old and only worth about $5k I would like it to last until I can afford a Skoda ENYAK IV.
    I'll probably just continue to let it finish the cold start cycle before selecting a gear as this is the only time it shows any symptoms.
    Next gearbox oil change is not due for another 20,000km, perhaps when that is done something obvious will show up and not cost much to fix at that time.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    A rego check, an oil change and a box of sweets from VW.
    2005 VW Golf 5 2.0 FSI Comfortline Sports Automatic

Solve fault 01064 - Terminal 58d; Interior Dimming: Electrical Fault in Circuit, with replacing cigarette lighter bulb T5 12V 1.2W, error gone,all fine

Users Country Flag
    Today I put 12 months rego on the Golf. Yay! Now to order some new door lock actuators...
    2005 VW Golf 5 2.0 FSI Comfortline Sports Automatic

Users Country Flag
    Today I swapped my hail damaged bonnet with one from the wreckers. Looks better.

After a wash it looks MUCH better.
    Last edited by davidorama; 30-10-2020 at 10:19 AM.

changed the timing chain and tensioner, destroyed the bolt! Tip you if anyone is doing this and stripped the bolt, get a T55 and hammer it into the bolt, this will be tight enough to remove it out, took a mechanics impact gun to get it out!

What did you do to your Mk5 today?-img_20201029_164629-jpg

Users Country Flag

Today my drivers door lock actuator was delivered via eBay...

Page 215 of 222 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217 ... LastLast