Support VWWC

Thread: Weird MFI symbols

Users Country Flag

Weird MFI symbols

I installed a 9w7 in my 2009 Jetta today. The module is a 7P6035730E
    All went well except for one of the microphone cable crimps separating from the wire. Getting the pins out to re-crimp is a pain. I inserted slivers of chopstick wood on each side of the pin to extract it.

After performing the coding I checked the Bluetooth on the display and found it to be a bit different to my 2011 Jetta.
    It's showing squares on either side of the Bluetooth symbol instead of the battery and iPod symbols, and the formatting goes wonky when the Bluetooth is 'made visible'.

Weird MFI symbols-mfi1-jpgWeird MFI symbols-mfi2-jpg

Is this just an generational thing where this dash preceded the options I've added, or have I done something wrong?

Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    What year is the 9W7 module? If it's newer than your cluster might explain it hence it'd be a software version issue.

What's the software version on your cluster?
    .:Mk5 R32

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    That makes sense.

Instrument cluster is : Part No SW: 5M0 920 870 C HW: 5M0 920 870 C
    Bluetooth unit is: Part No SW: 7P6 035 730 E HW: 7P6 035 730 E - end of June 2011 I believe (26/11)

I wonder if swapping the Bluetooth unit for the the one from my '11 Jetta would make any difference.
    That's : Part No SW: 5K0 035 730 B HW: 5K0 035 730 B

If only I'd stuck it under the seat instead of behind the HVAC controls...
    Last edited by JPS323; 06-08-2022 at 08:32 PM.

Users Country Flag

My old cluster would never show the icon for USB-sourced devices; it would show the same little square box.
    I was messing around, and I updated the firmware on the cluster, it added the missing USB icon; Not something I would recommend doing, by the way. You can probably safely ignore the missing icons, and it will work with the other functions
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro