Thread: Volkswagen Golf 5 2005 1.6 Speakers and RCD Upgrade

Users Country Flag

Unhappy Volkswagen Golf 5 2005 1.6 Speakers and RCD Upgrade

Hi!
    I Need Help upgrading my RCD 300.
    Well all i care about Bluetooth functionality, i want to be able to play music from through bluetooth.
    CD's are pain in the ass nowadays and there's no AUX or USB features as well.
    also i have a damaged speaker in the front right door, the main one.
    Questions:
    1. What RCD is compatible with my VW
    2. How do i buy a new speaker for the front door, Should i ask for 8" standard speaker?
    Thanks a lot!
    Volkswagen Golf 5 2005 1.6 Speakers and RCD Upgrade-20140501_211936-jpg
    Last edited by mayssam961; 14-05-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Users Country Flag
    If you have to open one door up you may as well do both and upgrade your speakers while you're at it. Just get the wiring and size adapters (VW use a four wire setup for the speakers and around 6.5" speakers from memory).
    As for RCD compatability, you can put the RCD510 in but you'll need to upgrade your CAN gateway. Use the search function to find out more
    Graphite Blue TDI| DSG | Leather | Bi-Xenons | Custom LED inner tails | Black Forest TAI | OSIR Pod & New South Boost Gauge | Bluefin | Projector Fogs | RNS510 | Skoda Bluetooth | Eibach Pro kit Springs| Full LED interior|US GLI paddle shift MFSW|Carbon Vinyl wrapped trims|Colour Coded Votex Body Kit|

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the answer buckets.
    I only care about the bluetooth compatibility what's the best way to add bluetooth to the RCD300?
    and it seems RCD510 doesn't support bluetooth as well

Users Country Flag
    No VW head unit has BT as it relies on a separate BT module to be in the car (or installed by you). Look for an aftermarket non-VW unit instead.
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Is it easier to add an Auxiliary input without upgrading the RCD?

Pretty sure there are some chinese copies of the RNS510 that include bluetooth, check this thread out

Group Buy / EOI new generation DNS head units (RNS-510 alternative)
    2007 Black Magic VW Golf GT TDi, Latte Leather, Sunroof, Bluefin Superchip, 18" Detroits, APR lower torque arm insert, APR Carbon Fibre Cold Air Intake system, GTi sideskirts & front lip, R32 Rear Bar, GTi Steering wheel, RNS-510,Infinity BassLink Subwoofer,stubby antenna, R8 Oil Cap, Golf R front calipers, slotted front rotors, ceramic brake pads, LITEC LED tail-lights, Dension Gateway Five, Rear Emblem Reverse Camera, H&R Ultralow coil-overs, Badge-less front grille

Users Country Flag

Adding aux is really simple, jump on ebay and there is a couple of adapters that plug in the back of the RCD300. They use the port the CD stacker would have used. Then you can simply run the auxiliary cord into your glove box.