Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which VAG COM to buy?

Users Country Flag

If you're going to buy a VCDS cable, you're best off getting it direct from RossTech.

For US$199 you get the USB version VCDS HEX-V2 Enthusiast which is limited to 3 VINs, great in theory but chances are you end up plugging it into a couple of mates cars and you're out of licences when you get a new car for yourself.
    It's then US$169 to go from 3 -> 10 and another $169 to go from 10 -> Unlimited.
    You can start with 10 VINs for $299 which would be a better price if you're likely to go over 3 cars.

I bought mine a long time ago now (before they had a 3/10 VIN limit option) and have plugged it into waaaay more than 10 cars over the years.

OBDEleven is a great choice if you have an Android device, just rememeber they make their money by charging you for credits to do stuff. That said, I understand that there are plenty of ways to get credits for free.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    If you're going to buy a VCDS cable, you're best off getting it direct from RossTech.

For US$199 you get the USB version VCDS HEX-V2 Enthusiast which is limited to 3 VINs, great in theory but chances are you end up plugging it into a couple of mates cars and you're out of licences when you get a new car for yourself.
    It's then US$169 to go from 3 -> 10 and another $169 to go from 10 -> Unlimited.
    You can start with 10 VINs for $299 which would be a better price if you're likely to go over 3 cars.

I bought mine a long time ago now (before they had a 3/10 VIN limit option) and have plugged it into waaaay more than 10 cars over the years.

OBDEleven is a great choice if you have an Android device, just rememeber they make their money by charging you for credits to do stuff. That said, I understand that there are plenty of ways to get credits for free.

With OBDEleven thare are plenty of ways to do direct coding like VCDS and you dont need credits I have 739 credits and cant find a way to use them as I do the coding which is much more reliable and you can see what actually happening whereas you havent got a clue what an APP is doing. Aslo if it doesnt work (and some dont) you have to use more credits to reverse it

You get 6 credits a day by opening the program and watching 5 ads (or simplu turning them on and waiting) plus one for opening the program. I dont bother any more as cant use what I have
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12