Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuum pump oil leak?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adey88 View Post
    You are a legend mate. Thanks for that Vacuum pump oil leak?

How do you find the part numbers? When I had a Nissan I used a program called FAST where you could input your VIN and then look at exploded diagrams for each section of the car. Is there a VW equivalent?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    ETKA can be used for finding part numbers, you pay a small fee and then you can download pages for a period of time. Personally never used it, but plenty of people on here have.

In this case i simply Googled, I find with the VW/Audi's that you can normally find a part number pretty quickly on either a US or UK site and then Google the part number directly to find who is selling it.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Yes that is the vacuum pump and this is becoming a bit more common now that these engine are getting older. Below is a good video showing you the o ring that needs replacing, and then some links to the o ring you need.

Single o ring: Vacuum Pump O Ring for Audi A3 A4 Volkswagen Eos Jetta Passat 06D145117 | eBay

Full o ring and seal kit: RKX 2.0T Vacuum Pump Reseal/Rebuild Kit for Volkswagen & Audi VW 2.0 T MKv, B6, 8P, B7 gasket 2.0T LIFETIME kit: Automotive: Amazon.com.au
    Thanks for the rkx link Lucas, the part arrived and I've replaced the o rings. Haven't done the coolant sensor O-ring yet but keeping an eye on the area for leaks now that its a bit cleaner.

Thanks for the rkx link Lucas, the part arrived and I've replaced the o rings. Haven't done the coolant sensor O-ring yet but keeping an eye on the area for leaks now that its a bit cleaner.

I have the same problem.

Has the o-ring replaced the problem?

Thanks Lucas for the links to the singe o ring, I could only find the link to the set of o rings.

I did an oil change not long ago and found some oil drops on my driveway. I was hoping it was leaking from the sump plug lol.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    MY07 Red GTI 3 Door

Sorry for delayed response mate.

There is an O-ring on the coolant sensor which I didn't replace as doesn't seem to leak. I replaced the gasket that seals the pump and also an internal O-ring was changed. It seems to have fixed the leak but I've noticed there is still some oil residue on the cable underneath... Not sure if that's from before Vacuum pump oil leak?

A replacement vacuum pump is about $400+ from memory so the way I saw it was that it's worth replacing the gasket for $70 as a start

i think i have the same issue. I just took mine apart tonight and was filled with oil all over the pump and transmission.

i will say that mine also looked like it was coming from where the cam chain is on the FSI and the gasket around there so i am just changing that in case.

I am hoping this will fix my oil leak which was dripping down bottom but i could also have a rear main seal....fingers crossed.

Sorry for delayed response mate.

There is an O-ring on the coolant sensor which I didn't replace as doesn't seem to leak. I replaced the gasket that seals the pump and also an internal O-ring was changed. It seems to have fixed the leak but I've noticed there is still some oil residue on the cable underneath... Not sure if that's from before Vacuum pump oil leak?

A replacement vacuum pump is about $400+ from memory so the way I saw it was that it's worth replacing the gasket for $70 as a start

Well good thing is that it's fixed.

I only ordered the O ring.

Hopefully will arrive sooner rather later.

Fortunately due to Melbourne's lockdown haven't need to drive it.

MY07 Red GTI 3 Door

I forgot about this.

I ordered the Single o ring as recommended by Lucas: Vacuum Pump O Ring for Audi A3 A4 Volkswagen Eos Jetta Passat 06D145117 | eBay

Wasn't difficult to change.

$12 is much better than the hundreds for a new vacuum pump.

The replacement o-ring looks slightly thinner than the original one.

The car is still leaking a tiny bit of oil, but I'm assuming it's from the residual oil in the engine bay. I'm confident it fixed the underlying oil leak as the vacuum pump is clean.

I'll wait until the next oil change to fully degrease the engine from underneath.

Last edited by Johnbu; 27-12-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    MY07 Red GTI 3 Door

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12