Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping cost from TireRack or local dealer?

Shipping cost from TireRack or local dealer?

Hi guys,

what prices have people paid for shipping from TireRack for a set of 4 tires?

I am after a set of Pilot Super Sports in 225/45 R17 and I can get them for $470 after mail in rebate, but not sure on shipping as they have not yet responded to my shipping quote request.

Alternatively is there a local dealer that can do good prices? I am after a set asap as I'm running real low on rubber at the front

Users Country Flag
    I paid $120 air freight for two PSS tyres last year
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

USD 135 per tyre in 225/45 R17 is a great discount that Tire Rack are offering at the moment.

However, do note that promotions or rebates are often valid for residents of the United States only.

I got quoted USD$1282 for Michelin PSS 235/35ZR19 shipped

Tyre are USD$242 each ($96 so USD$314 not inc duties which I'll have to pay on delivery

Users Country Flag
    last time I looked it was $380 / SET. gENERALLY THE PROMOTIONS ARE FOR usa ONLY BUT IF YOU CAN GEY IT GREAT,

lOCAL FOLKS USUALLY CHARGE $60 /ggggrrrrr capslock sorry

Try Tempe Tyres.

allow $20/ tyre for fit & balance
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Last year I bought 4 Michelin PS3 225x45x17 for $600 delivered to lane cove from Don Cornells Bexley. Sourced on EBay.
    Sold - CW Mk6 MY12 GTI 5 Door DSG, Sunroof, Leather, RNS510, MDI, Tints, Lakin plate holders, BT & RVC, projected 'GTI' door lights

Current - Lapiz blue mk7 Golf R DSG fully optioned.

if you are planning to import, then try to pick tyres that are less than AU$250 each (not including delivery) and then you will avoid import duties and GST when they arrive.

for smaller tyres, its usually pretty lineball whether to import of go local, if you can get them on special here, pluse, you will get them installed and balanced if purchased locally.

I just imported 4 x275/30/19 last month and the delivery cost was about $330
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I paid $120 air freight for two PSS tyres last year
    From tirerack shipping option?
    Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - Super Select 2WD/4WD
    Toyota 86 GTS Performance Pack Moon Slate - RWD
    MINI Cooper S Clubman - FWD

Users Country Flag
    About a year ago I purchased a set (4 tyres) of Goodyear F1's 225/45 R17 and it cost $269.66 to be shipped via FedEx to Adelaide.
    They get sent as a multiple piece shipment so two tyres showed up one day, and the other two a few days later, so don't freak out if you don't receive the whole set at once!

*also, I got ezy tyres to fit them (they come to your house) cost $25 per tyre including disposal of your old ones.
    Last edited by jetblack; 05-09-2014 at 04:46 PM.

I assume you don't get a wheel alignment done by ezy tyre when they put your new tyres on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast