Support VWWC

Thread: Results from having my car scanned

Users Country Flag

Results from having my car scanned

Hi all,

I have had my car scanned to start fixing some of the issues with the car. I've taken a screenshot of the salient fault codes. I need advice about the next steps and what I can do myself or what has to be paid to be fixed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    What troubles is the car having? That scan does not mention if the codes are pending, current or past.

Is a check engine light or airbag light on?
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag
    P0441 error - this will likely cure this error Charcoal Canister & Hose Se for VW GOLF Jetta 1K0 201 801E 1K0 201 160 BG | eBay . You might also want to replace this part Bosch Evap Purge Valve 0280142431 | Run Auto Parts

P3137 error - the likely cause for this error will be the motor that controls the swirl flaps in the inlet manifold. Audi, VW Intake Manifold Actuator (A3 A4 TT EOS GTI Jetta Passat 2.0T) 06F133482E by VDO | Europa Parts

The central locking error are probably the door lock actuators - a very common issue on the Mk5 Golf and Jetta's. You can replace these yourself if you are handy.This should be the correct one for the drivers side door: Vemo Door Lock V10-85-0016 | Run Auto Parts

The other errors could be related to a low battery or a dead battery. Do the horn and speakers work? Clean the codes and see if they come back.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 18-12-2023 at 10:01 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    What troubles is the car having? That scan does not mention if the codes are pending, current or past.

Is a check engine light or airbag light on?
    Yes, both are on. I'm guessing that these are at least current

Last edited by jmk5GTI; 18-12-2023 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    P0441 error - this will likely cure this error Charcoal Canister & Hose Se for VW GOLF Jetta 1K0 201 801E 1K0 201 160 BG | eBay . You might also want to replace this part Bosch Evap Purge Valve 0280142431 | Run Auto Parts

P3137 error - the likely cause for this error will be the motor that controls the swirl flaps in the inlet manifold. Audi, VW Intake Manifold Actuator (A3 A4 TT EOS GTI Jetta Passat 2.0T) 06F133482E by VDO | Europa Parts

The central locking error are probably the door lock actuators - a very common issue on the Mk5 Golf and Jetta's. You can replace these yourself if you are handy.This should be the correct one for the drivers side door: Vemo Door Lock V10-85-0016 | Run Auto Parts

The other errors could be related to a low battery or a dead battery. Do the horn and speakers work? Clean the codes and see if they come back.
    The speakers and horn both work well. I'm not worried about those as the rest of them but it would be good to sort out if possible

Users Country Flag
    There is a TSB related to the Mk5 and seat connectors for the airbag warning HOW TO: Perform your airbag TSB | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

The EVAP leak will cause the check engine light; look under the hood for the charcoal canister Lucas_R linked to and see if any tubing is cracked; here is a pic of what it might look like with a cracked pipe (borrowed the pic ) Results from having my car scanned-evap-jpg
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    There is a TSB related to the Mk5 and seat connectors for the airbag warning HOW TO: Perform your airbag TSB | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

The EVAP leak will cause the check engine light; look under the hood for the charcoal canister Lucas_R linked to and see if any tubing is cracked; here is a pic of what it might look like with a cracked pipe (borrowed the pic ) Results from having my car scanned-evap-jpg
    Is there a video as it would be a bit easier to visually see the steps. The link you have would be very helpful if i have to do it another time (hopefully not for my car again)