Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing broken bracket / button for Mk5 Golf parcel shelf strings

Quote Originally Posted by bushnut View Post
    part number 1k6863673y20 $4 each for the tailgate buttons
    I've just registered a decade in the future to say thank you for this part number!

I've been searching for these every few months since I bought my Mk5 four years ago - they're all but unobtainable in the US. I just bought several, and I'll finally have a parcel shelf that isn't crooked 😂.

Many thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Nice listing, includes a photo of it installed of a Mk 4 MK4 had a neat retractable cord
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    Nice listing, includes a photo of it installed of a Mk 4 MK4 had a neat retractable cord
    Yeah I just noticed that. I actually fitted these to my old mk6 without issues. The length of the rope was perfect and it certainly did the job.

Same here, just registered to thank you and offer some alternate solution. If you have access to a 3D printer, here is a model that screws in the original mount without having to take any trim off : Print this

IMPORTANT:

- Print in ABS, PLA will likely soften, melt or bend if it gets hot in your car
    - Print in the original orientation with supports (see picture on the model's page) = horizontal screw with vertical dome.

Worked like a charm for me!

Good luck!

Users Country Flag

hot glue gun is best or to do a proper job pull the section off and get a soldering iron or hot air gun and melt the plastic down not the easiest job as both half's of the tailgate trims have to come off and are not the best to get off or back on have seen them split at the boot latch area and the clips are hard to line up and get back in.
    Nox Vidmate VLC
    Last edited by mydanielcreg_3; 02-12-2022 at 06:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12