Thread: Rebuild kits for GT1749V

Rebuild kits for GT1749V

Anyone know and good sites/places in aus that sell rebuild kits, turbo is on the way out and price for a new one is our question for me at the moment Rebuild kits for GT1749V

Users Country Flag
    Unless someone like GCG turbo's can provide a rebuild kit locally, it be looking o'seas or ebay.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

One place acctualy told me garret won't release any parts to the aftermarket and would have to buy brand new

Users Country Flag
    Darkside Developments in the UK sell new ones, otherwise you can get hi flow versions from CTS.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Thanks I contacted gcg and they can order one in for 220 which seems good

I was getting prices locally for parts/refurb similiar to what I got a brand new 1749VB unit landed from darkside

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    I was getting prices locally for parts/refurb similiar to what I got a brand new 1749VB unit landed from darkside
    I have been looking at the darkside kit, still unsure what will be cheaper all depend on what they need to do to my turbo if it's service or rebuild

Users Country Flag
    My brother reconditions/rebuilds turbos as a side hobby. He used to work at Audi a few years back and had a heap of TDI turbo's that he bought off the dealer when they were replaced under warranty. I've just asked him if he has a GT1749V in his collection.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag

OK my bro messaged me back and said he only has a used CHRA (centre housing) but not the compressor and exhaust housings. So useless for you.

He said that its very common for these turbos to fail and the centre shaft wears (due to small turbo and very high boost in a diesel application) and goes out of tolerance and then chews up the bearings. He said in his experience not to rebuild these, just buy a new genuine turbo (no Chinese copies).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST