Thread: Rear LHS LED indicator not working - No message

Users Country Flag

Rear LHS LED indicator not working - No message

Hi Guys,

I've got a 2007 mk5 golf 2.0 TDI. Installed a pair of JOM rear tail lights over a year ago and they worked straight away without any coding. Was a simple plug and play.

The past couple of months have been strange. I would get a dash message saying the rear LHS indicator wasn't working, then it would be fine the next day, or sometimes even if i just turn the car off. Then the indicators on the hatch stopped working, but the main ones were working fine. However, this fixed itself again. These happened sporadically and i am unclear on whether it was weather related...

Couple of weeks ago, both the hatch and the main indicators stopped working on the LHS, and i haven't got a dash warning to tell me (which i think is particularly strange).

I need to check the fuses, but i don't think this is the issue.

Has anyone got any ideas this might have happened? I've removed the rear LHS lights and checked the plugs, but all seems fine.

I haven't had the code checked, i'm hoping there is an easier fix.

Thanks a lot in advance. I have had a long look on google and haven't found any solutions.
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

Build Thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ild-85147.html

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Checked all the fuses. No luck.
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

pls...

Users Country Flag
    The fact that you are not getting a message tells me that there is still resistance in the circuit for the ECU not to notice.
    What i would try, is putting a 12v supply directly into the tail lights (disconnect from harness first) and see if they light up. Also turn the car on with the plugs disconnected to see if you get an error.

If they do light up, then test the plug with a multimeter.
    If they don't light up, well, there's your answer.

Rear LHS LED indicator not working - No message

Had a similar with my first set of LED tails (before I bought Litec (looks the best IMO)).

I went to super cheap auto and bought some LED indicator resistors (NARVA LED Load Resistor 12V 21W - Supercheap Auto) and put them in behind the taillights (just before the actual bulb) and it had no problems ever since!!

I'm going to guess here but I think if you do the load resistors, the car won't go into limp mode effectively (as far as electronics are concerned)

Best of luck mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fossyy; 03-12-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Thanks guys.

I'll do some research into testing the lights with the 12v battery, then the multimeter.

Then i'll look into the LED indicator resistors (Issue is the right hand side rear tail light is working fine.)