Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paddle Shift install 07tdi jetta brisbane?

Paddle Shift install 07tdi jetta brisbane?

Hi,
    Been searching and searching for a while now and still could not find an answer or build up confidence to take the leap and
    get started on getting the parts etc.

I am wanting to install some steering wheel paddles on to my 07 dsg tdi jetta and was wondering if there is anyone in brisbane or surrounds who has done something like this and is keen to lead me in the right direction and maybe even wanting to install it for me for a few $$.

At this stage i do not have a replacement steering wheel with the paddles yet, as i am still hoping to being led into the correct direction.
    I also do not have a vagcom at this stage and the airbag etc has put me off of doing the steering wheel swap myself.

So if anyone is happy to give a few pointers or even would like to earn a few $$, please send me a pm.

Thanks in advance guys. Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Hi mate. I can fit and code for you no issues there. You just need the wheel. I have seen a pirelli steering wheel at a wreckers but cant remember if had paddles or not...also condition looked average from pics. You need to keep a eye out on forum for wheel sales....they pop up from time to time. I got my GTI wheel with paddles from America on ebay from a wreckers. PM me if you want a hand mate......VDUB...
    VOLKSWAGEN TECHNICIAN - 16 YEARS OF PAIN..
    VCDS CODING- FAULT DIAGNOSIS - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTIONS- REPAIRS
    9W2 BT KITS -$300 - 9W7 BT KITS - $450 - CANBUS UPGRADE $150
    BRISBANE / GOLD COAST

Users Country Flag
    Once you have the wheel, it will only take about a half hour all up. And if you can work a screwdriver and a torque wrench, then you have the minimum skills to do the job. Good to see the forum members are putting hands up to help out though!
    Graphite Blue TDI| DSG | Leather | Bi-Xenons | Custom LED inner tails | Black Forest TAI | OSIR Pod & New South Boost Gauge | Bluefin | Projector Fogs | RNS510 | Skoda Bluetooth | Eibach Pro kit Springs| Full LED interior|US GLI paddle shift MFSW|Carbon Vinyl wrapped trims|Colour Coded Votex Body Kit|

Users Country Flag
    And VCDS to code in the paddles.
    VOLKSWAGEN TECHNICIAN - 16 YEARS OF PAIN..
    VCDS CODING- FAULT DIAGNOSIS - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTIONS- REPAIRS
    9W2 BT KITS -$300 - 9W7 BT KITS - $450 - CANBUS UPGRADE $150
    BRISBANE / GOLD COAST

Users Country Flag
    hi, i changed to a gti style wheel last week with paddles, i am yet to code them in but it was easy. here is a how to take from another site and simplified, only thing i would do differently is place the airbag facing upwards rather than downwards.

Paddle Shift install 07tdi jetta brisbane?-1-jpg
    Paddle Shift install 07tdi jetta brisbane?-2-jpg
    Paddle Shift install 07tdi jetta brisbane?-3-jpg
    Paddle Shift install 07tdi jetta brisbane?-4-jpg
    Paddle Shift install 07tdi jetta brisbane?-5-jpg
    07 Jetta Tdi, DSG(tuned),Gtb1756vk turbo, 3inch dump, Malone tune, 4bar map, EGR+EGR Cooler delete, S3 Intercooler, Hard pipe kit, Gti rear sway bar, 18x8 Enkeii gtc01, nitto tyres, Rear Lip Spoiler, Votex Front Lip, Slotted and drilled rear Discs, Neuspeed springs, LED interior lights, Blackened window trims, Carbon covered pillars, Gti lower front Grill, canbus update, rcd510, tinted indicators, gti paddle shift wheel, soon to have Votex Side Skirts, Coilovers, Porsche Brakes,8mm wheel spacers, Alloy control arms, GTI front sway bar, S3 bushings....

Thank you everyone for the prompt and helpful replies.

I think it is time to go on a hunt to find a gti steering wheel with paddles

Anything else i will need, lets say if i get it posted from a wreckers etc. Or will
    the complete steering wheel (maybe incl airbag if i pick it up) suffice, or any
    other control model that i need to snatch up as well?

Cheers again

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Danai89 View Post
    Thank you everyone for the prompt and helpful replies.

I think it is time to go on a hunt to find a gti steering wheel with paddles

Anything else i will need, lets say if i get it posted from a wreckers etc. Or will
    the complete steering wheel (maybe incl airbag if i pick it up) suffice, or any
    other control model that i need to snatch up as well?

Cheers again
    hey, i used the airbag off my normal wheel, they are the same. there should be nothing else you need. have fun and let us know how you go with the coding
    07 Jetta Tdi, DSG(tuned),Gtb1756vk turbo, 3inch dump, Malone tune, 4bar map, EGR+EGR Cooler delete, S3 Intercooler, Hard pipe kit, Gti rear sway bar, 18x8 Enkeii gtc01, nitto tyres, Rear Lip Spoiler, Votex Front Lip, Slotted and drilled rear Discs, Neuspeed springs, LED interior lights, Blackened window trims, Carbon covered pillars, Gti lower front Grill, canbus update, rcd510, tinted indicators, gti paddle shift wheel, soon to have Votex Side Skirts, Coilovers, Porsche Brakes,8mm wheel spacers, Alloy control arms, GTI front sway bar, S3 bushings....

Users Country Flag
    Hi Mate,

There is currently a guy wrecking a mk5 gti pirelli in Sydney, he might have the steering wheel still. Found the add on Gumtree.
    Wrecking volkswagen golf mk5 GTi Pirelli. | Wrecking | Gumtree Australia New South Wales - Sydney Region | 1056694433

Edit: From the pics it may be a manual so probably not. just found one on ebay VW R32 3 Spoke DSG Paddle Sport Steering Wheel MK5 Jetta GLI Golf GTI | eBay
    Last edited by Jit55; 25-09-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks Jit55,

Have contacted the guy in sydney with the pirelli. he told me it does not have the paddles, so it must be a manual one.
    The ebay one looks good, unfortunately it does not have the steering wheel control buttons for the radio etc, otherwise i would have been on it straight away.
    thanks though, i will keep looking

Have managed to source a gti wheel and had it flawlessly fitted by vdubmotorworx today. Thanks a million! Such a difference and what a better driving experience. Loving it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast