Thread: Overboost 00564

Overboost 00564

So finnaly got a code reader an like I thought over boost condition, now I read about possible causes and have a list of things I'm going to check plus booked in for a leak test, I'm wondering if there are any common causes specifically for the bkd engine, also some more info, turbo is louder than normal, seems to be lacking power, and I swear I can hear the dreaded siren sound

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Stenno93 View Post
    turbo is louder than normal, seems to be lacking power, and I swear I can hear the dreaded siren sound
    Start by checking the basics - turbo to downpipe gasket blown and leaking? Loose bolts / v band causing leak? Can you actually smell the exhaust when the engine is running and your head is under the bonnet?

But just keep in mind that it could be new turbo time.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 08-05-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Start by checking the basics - turbo to downpipe gasket blown and leaking? Loose bolts / v band causing leak? Can you actually smell the exhaust when the engine is running and your head is under the bonnet?

But just keep in mind that it could be new turbo time.
    I've visually inspected and from what I can seem they seem okay hard to tell without removing for me, I haven't noticed any smell etc, the car is booked in next week which will rule out leaks if that come back fine I will start removing and inspecting more carefully