Support VWWC

Thread: New Car...

New Car...

Hey guys, long time no speak.. I'm still around and still loving my pirelli.

I picked up a new Mk6 for the wifey yesterday and had to take a few beauty shots this morning.. Thought I'd post it all for you guys to see..

So much love.

Now I've got an oil burner, I'm going to have to research the forums for the best tractor fuel.

Cheers all.
    Last edited by kryten2001; 15-10-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Nice shots mate, looks like you've got a good collection of rides there! Great rims on the Pirelli too.

Users Country Flag
    Nice pipes on the duke!

.:R32 | GIAC | HALDEX II | MILLTEK | BMC | WHITELINE | A-ROTORS | HAWK

Thats the best looking MKV GTi I have seen by a mile!
    Volvo S60 RD T6

Quote Originally Posted by thezoneR32 View Post
    Thats the best looking MKV GTi I have seen by a mile!
    Thanks, I love it dearly.

Thread here:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f15/...ext-33427.html

Great thread. I almost feel like I want a gti now.......almost. I was really excited up until the comment " ......Sure it has considerable turbo lag, but ........". I know that this has been quoted out of context and the car sounds great but I really hate turbo lag. Having said that I would love to drive a heavily modded gti just to see.......

Did you end up getting it dynoed? How do you find the dsg kickdown? Thats one thing i love about the R32, when the dsg kicks down in D or S the torque is instant. Not sure I would sacrifice that for any amount of afterthought power. I do like the yellow stitching and the tyres track seats.....awesome. I've never really looked at a Pirelli before. You learn something new everyday.
    Volvo S60 RD T6

Quote Originally Posted by thezoneR32 View Post
    Great thread. I almost feel like I want a gti now.......almost. I was really excited up until the comment " ......Sure it has considerable turbo lag, but ........". I know that this has been quoted out of context and the car sounds great but I really hate turbo lag. Having said that I would love to drive a heavily modded gti just to see.......
    I'd guess it's all relative. I've not driven any other turbo cars with as much power as my pirelli so I don't have anything to judge it by. It's certainly true that before it makes its monster power it needs to build up the RPMs though. There's not a lot down low.

To be frank I don't really mind it. By the nature of needing higher RPMs to generate high boost/power, it means you can drive it around town and it will be as sedate as my diesel golf... As soon as you drop it down a cog then you're away like a banshee. It's main downfall is takeoff... There's nothing, nothing, nothing then JAYYYSUS - WHEEEEELSPIIIIN through the first 3 gears.. It's a mother to keep traction down if you're giving it a full boot under 100km/h. In the wet, driving hard without traction control is just a waste of time.

The other advantage though, is it's still extremely fuel efficient. I can get < 10ltr/100km when driving it fairly normally around town. That's pretty good for something that can generate the power/torque it does. It's also really nice and quiet, at least until you put the boot in then you'd hear it suburbs away. BRRR CRACK BRRRR CRACK.... Nice.

The other beauty is it's a semi-sleeper. Other than the colour and the obvious giveaway of the BBK, most people wouldn't give it a second look. I really dig that. I don't like 'look at me' cars.

And let me tell ya, when you're really moving along there's no such thing as turbo lag. I've had it up to some speeds in the country that quite frankly, if I posted them people would think I was a BS artist. It's quick - real quick.
    Last edited by kryten2001; 22-11-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Nice pics there Kryten, good to see you back on here!

Bring them down to Day of the Volkswagen in a couple of weeks, Sun 5th Dec. Check Events section

Cheers,
    '03 BMP MkIV Golf GTI | Oettinger tune | K04 | 18" OZ
    '04 BMP MkIV R32 #144
    search getnew
    ozaudi | ozvolks | opelaus | ecca

Sounds like a nice drive but I still prefer low down torque, call me old fashioned. Maybe its time to put a blower on the old gal
    Volvo S60 RD T6