Thread: Need pinout for DSG shifter connector

Users Country Flag

Need pinout for DSG shifter connector

Does anyone have the pinout for this plug which goes to the DSG shifter surround? 2007 Mk5

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge
    .:Mk5 R32

Users Country Flag
    Check your email mate
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for that. What I'm actually trying to determine is where 'L101 - Selector lever display illumination bulb' receives power from and which pin/s on that connector are for power. Having a look over the diagrams I can't seem to trace it back to anything.

Users Country Flag
    Looks like it's at T10v/8 (grey/blue). This just connects the LED in the selector display panel Y6 to the J587 selector control unit underneath it.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

So I assume the selector mechanism receives power from the CECM then?

Users Country Flag
    Yes it's powered from the CECM at T10s/6 (under selector lever cover) which is a grey 0.35mm cable that ultimately connects to the CECM at B12 grey 0.75mm (via B340 in main wiring harness)

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yes it's powered from the CECM at T10s/6 (under selector lever cover) which is a grey 0.35mm cable that ultimately connects to the CECM at B12 grey 0.75mm (via B340 in main wiring harness)
    Excellent thank you! The reason I ask is because the gear indicator lights on the DSG knob surround aren't lighting up anymore and I'm trying to firstly determine how they're powered.

I'm guessing it's an internal fault however somewhere within the selector mechanism and it's going to have to be replaced to fix it. All my other interior lights work fine and no errors in VCDS, can't see what else it could be.
    Last edited by sebas_thefish; 11-07-2021 at 10:42 PM.